At Challenger, teachers not only educate students but assist students in becoming self-reliant and productive individuals who value independence and individuality; finding joy and self-worth through achievement. Most teachers begin at Challenger in our teacher training program. A successful candidate who satisfactorily completes the training will be placed in a kindergarten through 5th grade classroom, depending on competency with our curriculum. Teachers hired to this position are intended for the salaried teaching position upon satisfactorily completing training.
- Competitive hourly rate after training depending on experience
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- A 401 (k) retirement plan
- Full-time position
- Entry level, no experience needed
- Have or be close to completing any 4-year college bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Teaching credentials are not required
- Ability to pass background check
- Understand and embrace the values of the original United States Constitution
- Completion of pre-employment assessment
- Learning and properly delivering Challenger’s curriculum and methodology to include conceptual homework, daily and weekly lesson plans that support objectives and assessments, and daily board work that effectively reviews previously learned material
- The safety and well-being of Challenger students
- Effective classroom behavior management in accordance with Challenger’s philosophy
- Have an excellent attendance to maintain continuity of the classroom during the school year
- Attend all training opportunities and marketing events to learn and assist as directed
- Possess a strong work ethic and desire to support Challenger curriculum and methods
Occasionally, candidates may be considered for specialized positions such as computer, P.E., art, speech, and logic. Also, depending on qualifications candidates may be considered for a middle school teaching position. If you would like to be considered for one of the positions above, please state as much in a cover letter.
Tuition discount available for children and grandchildren.
**Please be on the lookout for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org. This email confirms your application submission and provides you with a link to our pre-employment assessment. This assessment must be completed within 72 hours in order for your application to be considered complete. **
*Please mention you saw this ad on JobsInNonprofit.*