Environmental Remote Campaign Staff for Non-Profit - Portland OR
Full Job Description
Join our outreach team as we call members of Environment Oregon and other advocacy organizations to protect the environment!
We are working to protect old growth forests, which provide wildlife habitats and help fight climate change. But the Forest Service is still allowing timber companies to log these trees on federal land. We’re hiring campaign staff to call, educate and activate Environment Oregon members, raise money, generate constituent pressure, and build up public support.
Change takes people power and the Fund builds that power. For more than 30 years, we’ve helped to win campaigns, build resources and mobilize thousands of people for the nation’s top public interest and environmental organizations, including Environment America and U.S.PIRG.
While working for us, you will gain knowledge of pressing issues facing our country, learn how to effectively generate public support to influence decision makers, and obtain a firm understanding of the political process.
You should apply if you want to…
- Make a real difference on important environmental and public interest issues
- Get experience with grassroots mobilization and fundraising
- Gain the skills and connections needed to launch a career in non-profit, political, or grassroots organizing
- Build long-lasting relationships with a team of people who share your interests and concerns on important issues
- Passion for environmental and social change
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Based in or near to Portland, OR
The Fund for the Public Interest is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, disability, pregnancy or veteran status.
- $15 - $19 /hour base pay, plus regular performance-based bonuses
- Sick pay, health, dental + retirement benefits
- Part-time and Full-time Positions available
- Flexible schedules
- Great training and career opportunities available
This job is mostly remote, but you must be based in or near to Portland, OR to qualify, and for initial setup/training.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $17.00 - $22.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Portland, OR 97214: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- What is your personal e-mail address?
- fundraising/campaign/activism: 1 year (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Portland, OR 97214
*Please mention you saw this ad on JobsInNonprofit.*