Independent Living Specialist
Full Job Description
Resource Center for Disability Solutions (RCDS) is a non-profit organization dedicated to enhancing the lives of people with disabilities. Founded in 1975, RCDS provides comprehensive resources and services to individuals with disabilities, their families, and caregivers. Our mission is to to provide services and programs promoting independence for all people with disabilities. We strive to create a world where individuals with disabilities are fully integrated into all aspects of society and are able to reach their full potential.
Our work environment includes:
- Modern office setting
- Work-from-home days
- Growth opportunities
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated Independent Living Specialist to join our growing team at Resource Center for Disability Solutions. The ideal candidate will be responsible for providing support, information, and resources to individuals with disabilities to assist them in achieving their goals of independent living.
- Provide individual and group peer support to persons with disabilities, including assistance with self-advocacy, independent living skills, and goal setting.
- Help persons with disabilities to identify individual needs related to independent living skills, housing, transportation, and employment.
- Help persons with disabilities to develop and implement individualized independent living plans to meet identified needs.
- Provide information and referrals to appropriate community resources and service providers.
- Coordinate and facilitate workshops, training, and educational programs related to independent living.
- Maintain accurate and timely records of consumer interactions, plans, and outcomes.
- Collaborate with community organizations, service providers, and other professionals to promote the independent living philosophy and the rights of people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in rehabilitation counseling, social work, psychology, education, human services, or a related field from an accredited college or university
- At least one year of experience working with people with disabilities in a community-based setting.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must have driver's license and reliable transportation.
- Experience with assistive technology is a plus.
- Must be able to pass a Level II background check.
If you are passionate about helping people with disabilities achieve their goals of independent living, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, and a supportive work environment that values diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $18.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Rockledge, FL 32955: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: In person
- Health insurance
*Please mention you saw this ad on JobsInNonprofit.*