Director of Fundraising and Development
Full Job Description
- Directs and monitors all annual and long-range fundraising, grant-writing, public relations and advocacy strategies for Central Nassau Guidance and Counseling Services, Inc., with priority emphasis on relationship building and increasing unrestricted revenue. Will manage all social media initiatives.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors’ degree.
- Demonstrated knowledge of grant writing, direct mail principles, event planning and funding sources.
- Five years of development experience, preferably in the nonprofit environment.
- Familiarity with 501(c)3 structure and demonstrated success in fundraising for 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Updates and implements an annual development plan that incorporates fundraising goals, timetables, and strategies for donor acquisition, corporate and foundation support and special events;
- Provides leadership, direction and coordination for fundraising and revenue generating initiatives that support agency strategic plans;
- Coordinates all fund raising activities and special events in conjunction with Directors, committees and identified staff;
- Works closely with CEO, Board of Directors, program directors, corporate and foundation partners and political leadership to engage new corporate, foundation and legislative partners to support Agency initiatives;
- Develops public relations and marketing materials to enhance the organization’s image and programs;
- Promotes a positive image for the organization within the community, to funding sources, media and clients.
- Identifies and nurtures potential donors through examination of past records, individual and corporate contracts, and knowledge of philanthropic community;
- Coordinates organization’s activities relative to legislative and advocacy activities on behalf of those we serve;
- Develops resources, including individual, corporate and foundations and government, grant writing, fundraising activities, communications and public relations.
- Manage all social media initiatives.
We offer an attractive and competitive benefits package. (Eligible only for Full-time employees)
If interested please apply via this ad or fax your resume to HR DIRECTOR, CAROL OTERO at 516-396-0553.
- Central Nassau Guidance & Counseling Services, inspires and catalyzes recovery for people living with mental health and substance use conditions through innovative and person-centered integrated clinical treatment, counseling, housing, and support services.
- Every job and every team at our agency plays a role in helping other Long Islanders live healthy and fulfilling lives.
- Engage your passion and CHOOSE a career & employer where you can use your vital energy to make a difference.
It is the policy of Central Nassau Guidance and Counseling Services, Inc. to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Central Nassau Guidance and Counseling Services, Inc. prohibits any such discrimination or harassment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $95,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- development: 5 years (Preferred)
- nonprofit environment: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
- Health insurance
*Please mention you saw this ad on JobsInNonprofit.*