Veterans Community Center Program Manager
Full Job Description
About Swords to Plowshares
Founded in 1974, Swords to Plowshares is a community-based not-for-profit organization that provides counseling and case management, rapid re-housing and eviction prevention services, employment and training, supportive housing, and legal benefits assistance for low-income, homeless and at-risk veterans in the San Francisco Bay Area. Swords to Plowshares promotes and protects the rights of veterans through advocacy, public education, and partnerships with local, state and national entities. Learn more about the work of Swords to Plowshares, and ways in which you can help, by visiting our website at: https://www.swords-to-plowshares.org
Job Title: Veteran Community Center Program Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time; Exempt
Job Location: 1060 Howard St, SF, Ca 94103
Schedule: Monday- Friday 10am-6pm (Weekend On-Call)
The Program Manager is responsible for providing direct supervision of front-line staff, contract monitoring and evaluation, day-to-day operations, and coordinating activities for the Veteran Community Center. The Program Manager will ensure program compliance, maintain program budget, and develop strategies to increase veteran engagement and program participation to meet goals and outcomes of all funding sources. The Program Manager must be available for emergencies during weekend programming and will be provided with a company cell phone.
Essential Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Adhere to laws regarding confidentiality and reporting requirements; maintain knowledge and practice of current HIPAA compliance guidelines; monitoring program staff’s work and work area to ensure they are following all HIPAA compliance guidelines.
- Supervises the development and implementation of community activities, services provided, special events, and projects in collaboration with internal and external entities.
- Administer day-to-day operations, including tracking of the following but not limited to: program budgets, staffing, daily numbers of veterans served, and services provided.
- Responsibility for hiring, onboarding, training, weekly supervision, and performance evaluation of program staff.
- Ensuring that program staff are up to date with any and all required trainings.
- Monitor program staff documentation to ensure client services are documented in our client case management database, Exponent Case Management (ECM)and the AVATAR system timely.
- Timely submission of program billing and data collection for various funders.
- Facilitate weekly staff meetings and attend all required meetings and trainings.
- Performs other related duties as required by the Clinical Director of Non-Residential Services and/or Chief Operating Officer.
- A minimum of 1 year experience in a supervisory and administrative capacity with a private or non-profit social service/mental health agency. Equivalent experience may be considered.
- Translatable military experience and skills may be alternatively substituted
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office- Outlook, OneDrive, Word, Excel, SharePoint, etc .
- Ability to manage budgets and meet required administrative timelines and deadlines
- Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills
- Strong organizational and managerial skills
- Ability to follow through with tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively as part of a team
- A working understanding of the needs of veterans with an emphasis on homelessness, mental health, socio-economic, vocational and substance use challenges.
- Must be able to perform all essential job requirements and responsibilities within what would be considered reasonable accommodation
Salary & Benefits
This full-time, non-exempt position has a starting pay range of $72,000-$76,000 annually.
Compensation is based on a competitive public interest salary scale. Swords to Plowshares offers a generous benefits package including the following benefits:
- 100% Company Paid Medical and Dental for employees; there is a cost for Dependents.
- Agency paid Annual Medical Deductible paid via Navia Card
- 403(b) retirement plan immediate, with employer contribution after one year.
- 17 vacation days in the first year, and progressive afterward
- 13 holidays each year
- Supportive environment
- Paid lunch Period.
- Annual Education/Training allowance
- Access Perks
- Rocket Lawyer
- Acupuncture and Chiropractic program (Up to 30 sessions a year-paid by employer)
*Please mention you saw this ad on JobsInNonprofit.*