Nutrition Outreach & Education Program (NOEP) Coordinator
Full Job Description
JOB OPPORTUNITY: Nutrition Outreach & Education Program (NOEP) Coordinator
The Health and Welfare Council of Long Island (HWCLI) is a private, not for profit, health and human services planning, research/public education and advocacy organization that serves as the umbrella for public and voluntary agencies serving Long Island's poor and vulnerable individuals and families. HWCLI’s mission is to respond to the needs of Long Island’s vulnerable families and individuals by promoting the development of public policies and services - ensuring that the voice of the powerless are heard.
Through funding provided by Office of Temporary Disability Assistance through a statewide program administered by Hunger Solutions New York, HWCLI’s Nutritional Outreach and Education Program (NOEP) has helped thousands of Long Islanders access Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) formerly known as food stamps. The fundamental goal of NOEP is to increase the availability and utilization of SNAP.
With supervision and support, the NOEP Coordinator performs a wide variety of administrative and programmatic duties essential to the coordination and facilitation of the Nutrition Outreach and Education Program. The NOEP Coordinator plans and implements all aspects of the program in accordance with the contract’s work plan and HWCLI’s policies and procedures.
· Carry out and meet all program goals and requirements set forth by the program contract with Hunger Solutions NY and HWCLI.
· Continuously verify requirements and procedures of SNAP application process with the appropriate agency.
· Build partnerships with community leaders and other non-profits to collaborate on providing SNAP education and assistance.
· Provide informational presentations to the public and/or agencies, as necessary.
· Develop creative methods to execute state-wide SNAP campaigns locally.
· Develop materials relevant to the program and ensure that materials are current and up-to-date.
· Plan and execute outreach through traditional and nontraditional outlets to potentially eligible individuals and the community at large, including local community-based agencies, schools, faith-based agencies, media, etc.
· In community based settings, conduct SNAP eligibility pre-screening, application assistance, assistance obtaining application verification documents and application follow-up services.
· Collaborate with other NOEP Coordinators and other direct service staff at HWCLI and other partner agencies.
· Prepare and submit appropriate reports as required or requested by program contract and supervisor.
· Attend local, regional and state meetings as necessary and relevant to program goals.
· Actively participate in HWCLI’s Anti-Hunger Taskforce meetings.
· Troubleshoot any unresolved issues of clients and local Department of Social Services (DSS) SNAP Unit.
- Be present at different sites in Nassau County to share information and complete applications for the community.
Qualifications, Requirements and Experience:
· Community outreach experience highly desired.
· Must be able to work independently and collaboratively, display leadership and organizational skills, and be able to manage multiple tasks.
· Bilingual HIGHLY preferred.
· Commitment to organization’s mission.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills, energetic and motivated to make a difference.
· Computer Skills.
· Vehicle ability to travel throughout Long Island required.
· Must be able to work occasional evenings and weekends.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Terms: Full-time, compensation is commensurate with experience, Excellent Benefits. Opportunity to work in a dynamic, innovative atmosphere.
HWCLI is an equal opportunity employer.
This job involves travel throughout Nassau County, our main office is located in Huntington Station, NY.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $40,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- any other languages besides English (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
*Please mention you saw this ad on JobsInNonprofit.*