Full Job Description
The Women’s Refugee Commission (WRC) is a research and advocacy organization that seeks to improve the lives and protect the rights of women, children, and youth displaced by conflict and crisis. We research their needs, identify solutions, and advocate for programs and policies to strengthen their resilience and drive change in humanitarian practice. The Women’s Refugee Commission is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization.
The program assistant will be responsible for managing a range of administrative, logistical, and support services for a team of nine. They will liaise with external partners and work across departments, including programs, legal, finance, institutional giving, and the grants management unit.
Essential Job Functions
- Coordinate with potential project partners on budgets and administrative tasks during proposal development.
- Support development of new project partner contracts, consultant/vendor agreements, and amendments.
- Track grant deliverables and reporting.
- Submit payment requests and track spending.
- Assist in budget preparation for new proposals.
- Assist in financial report preparation.
- Ensure clear and consistent knowledge management across WRC departments/teams.
- Assist with staff travel and meeting logistics.
- Prepare staff expense reports, as needed.
- Other administrative tasks on an ad hoc basis.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years program and administrative support experience
- Experience supporting budget development and monitoring spending
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Self-starter. Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Ability to successfully navigate competing priorities
- Excellent writing skills. Must be able to draft and edit meeting minutes and communicate with external partners by email
- Strong IT and computer skills
All employees must abide by the WRC Humanitarian Accountability statement.
Position: Regular, full-time (hybrid)
Salary: $43,260-$63,600 (Commensurate with experience)*
Location: New York headquarters
Posting Date: March 17, 2023
Closing Date: Until filled
How to Apply
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter and resume .
- The target salary as depicted above represents the low and mid-point values for the given salary band in which this position falls. The actual salary will be based on various factors, including but not limited to professional and academic experience, training, associated responsibilities, and other business and organizational needs. Individual salary decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each individual hire. The range as listed represents just one component of WRC’s total compensation package.
The Women’s Refugee Commission (WRC) is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, gender identify, sexual orientation, age, religion, marital status, veteran status, or disability, and qualified applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. The Women’s Refugee Commission is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
*Please mention you saw this ad on JobsInNonprofit.*