Full Job Description
Passion. Commitment. Purpose. Community.
Find your calling at Health Services of North Texas.
Our mission: Improving the quality of life for all North Texans through medical care, support services and advocacy. Our vision: A healthy community.
We are currently in need of bilingual Certified Medical Assistants that are dedicated to improving the overall health of our community by providing medical care for the entire family.
Our Medical Assistants operate at the very highest level of their skills they provide comprehensive, team-based care in a fast-paced environment within a non-profit, community healthcare setting. Our Medical Assistants love HSNT because we treat patients from all walks of life and have a direct impact in our patients’ lives.
HSNT is seeking MAs that are passionate about providing care, education, and resources in a community health setting to patients and families that have very limited options for their medical needs; and those medical assistants that have a desire to further their career in the medical field.
A day in the life of our Medical Assistants may look like this:
- Assist medical providers with exams and procedures
- Triages phone calls and messages
- Prepare patient for exams, take vital signs
- Perform routine screening tests and procedures and administer injections
- Fill out appropriate paperwork for each patient visit
- Maintain compliance with required reporting; HIPAA and HSNT standards
- Maintain adequate clinical supplies and equipment to provide uninterrupted patient care
We ask our medical assistants to possess a minimum of:
- Successful completion of a medical assistant program required
- Active certification as a medical assistant strongly preferred or able to secure within 60-days of employment
- Prior CMA experience in a clinical setting
- Strong customer service skills with demonstrated positive attitude in high pressure situations
- Bilingual English/Spanish strongly preferred
- Must be available to travel between sites as needed
Here at HSNT you’ll find an innovative, pioneering approach to tackling community health issues—we find it extremely rewarding and fulfilling and we think you will, too! We invite you to apply online at:
We also invite you to visit our website providers and see what our patients have to say: www.healthntx.org.
2018 Winner: Best of Denton County
Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and FTCA Deemed.
A partner agency of United Way
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $16.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
To keep our employees and patients as safe as possible we screen all employees and patients prior to entry into our medical centers. HSNT also provides PPE in accordance with CDC suggestions and guidelines.
- Salary is based on experience--what are your salary expectations?
- Medical Office Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- Certified Medical Assistant (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
*Please mention you saw this ad on JobsInNonprofit.*