Child Life School Liaison (Part Time, Day Shift)
Provides support to the Academic Coordinator and other department leaders within the Child Life department. Identifies, supports, and advocates for the appropriate educational resources and services available to our patients to ensure their educational and developmental needs are met. Assists with maintaining a safe and organized environment for the Child Life department.
Job Specific Duties
- Establishes and maintains a healthy, balanced, and therapeutic relationship with the patient and family within the integrated healthcare system based on their needs.
- Identifies & addresses the learning needs for patients/families; identifies inhibitors to learning process & readiness to learn; adjusts teaching strategies based on age, ethnic & gender issues.
- Interacts in a cooperative manner within the healthcare team to support and contribute to the shared patient/family focused care goals through professional communications techniques.
- Provides hospital educational services based on assessed need, assisting families with applying for hospital home bound educational instruction and tutoring services.
- Assesses academic needs for chronically ill patients and provides educational support/resources through advocacy for appropriate hospital home bound and tutoring services.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Associate's Degree in Child development, Elementary Education, or related field required within 1 year of hire
- American Heart Association BLS required within 90 days of hire - maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience working with children is preferred.
- Able to adapt and react calmly under stressful conditions.
- Able to handle multiple assignments, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Abilities in prioritizing, successfully handling multiple concurrent tasks, strong problem solving skills, attention to detail, and working in a team environment.
- Able to work independently and flexibly with minimal supervision.
- Able to represent department/function in a professional, courteous, and efficient manner.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus
:Part Time with Benefits
*Please mention you saw this ad on JobsInNonprofit.*