Part-time ESL Teacher
PART TIME ESL TEACHER POSITION
We are seeking to fill one position for an English as a Second Language teacher. This position is for 16 hours per week. Working hours are mostly evenings and weekends but may include normal business hours when needed.
We are a small non-profit agency in Auburn. It is our mission to help refugees and asylees become self-sufficient in their new lives. We work with adults and families who have been granted refugee or asylee status. Most of our clients are from Afghanistan, Bhutan, Burma, Congo, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Iraq, Russia, Somalia, and Ukraine.
- Teach classes
- In-person on weekends (Sat/Sun, 3hrs per class, time TBD)
- Zoom evenings on weekdays (Tues/Thur, 1hr per class, time TBD)
- 4 hours per week for lesson prep
- Design lessons/curriculum, create 4 hours of homework per student per week
- Administer level testing
- Coordinate with ESL department re: student intake
- TESOL certificate or MA
- A valid driver’s license and no moving violations within the past 5 years
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Drive
- COVID 19 vaccination (required for employment)
- Able to work in-person in Auburn
- Able to work well with people of all backgrounds
- Able to read, write, and speak English with a high degree of proficiency
- Able to work well in a team and independently
- Able to work effectively despite frequent interruptions
- Able to manage and meet deadlines for multiple concurrent projects
- Proficiency in second language preferred
- Experience working with refugees, asylees, or immigrants is preferred but not required
The most successful candidates will also have a high degree of patience, a good sense of humor, and a “go with the flow” type attitude. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. If you are interested in applying, we encourage you to think broadly about your background and qualifications for the role.
Pay: $30/hr. no benefits
All candidates submitting resumes and inquiring emails that interest us will be contacted via a return email and scheduled for a first interview via Zoom. Candidates who are selected to move on will then be scheduled for a second in-person interview.
Job Type: Contract
Pay: From $30.00 per hour
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Auburn, WA 98002
*Please mention you saw this ad on JobsInNonprofit.*