Job Coach - Part Time - Iowa County
Goodwill of the Heartland is seeking a part time Job Coach interested in utilizing their creativity, energy, and compassion to assist and support individuals with disabilities and/or barriers to independence in their community jobs. This position offers the opportunity to strengthen our communities by adding diversity to the workforce. If you have an interest in advocacy and gaining teaching skills, consider joining our team!
This position will work in Iowa County - Marengo, Williamsburg and surrounding area . The job coach position is a direct support professional, with the opportunity to train, supervise, model work procedures and basic work habits and attitudes for participants placed in community jobs through Goodwill programs. This position will develop goals and objectives for program participants, implement assigned tasks, and adapt training strategies to fit the changing work environment and needs on a day-to-day basis. This position may provide transportation to program participants in a company or personal vehicle when necessary.
The schedule for this position will be about 10-15 work hours per week. Hours are generally M-F days, however, evening and weekend hours are also possible. Travel between job sites is required.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Six months of experience in a related field is required (e.g., customer service, custodial, sales, clerical, training, etc.). An AA degree can be substituted for the required experience. Supervisory/training experience preferred.
- Reliable vehicle, valid Iowa driver's license and auto insurance
- Successful completion of background checks: criminal, motor vehicle record, and dependent adult and child abuse.
The Job Coach position has a starting wage of $16.29 per hour. For more information about becoming a job coach, view our video at https://youtu.be/f_SlWhvGFfc. Apply online only at www.workatgoodwill.com.
Goodwill has great benefits!
- Competitive PTO
- Strong team culture
- Retirement package with 6% employer contribution after one year
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- Generous store discount
Goodwill of the Heartland is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, veteran status, political beliefs, reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity or other protected categories.
- Six months experience in a related field.
- High School or better
- Associates or better in Human Services or related field
Licenses & CertificationsRequired
- Drivers License
- Criminal Record Check
- Dependent Adult Abuse
- Motor Vehicle Record
- Sexual Offender Registry
- Vehicle Ins-Basic
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Outlook
- Verbal Communication
- Written Communication
- Working with People with Disabilities
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
*Please mention you saw this ad on JobsInNonprofit.*