Part-Time Program Associate
JA of New Jersey’s (JANJ) purpose is to inspire and prepare young people to succeed in a global economy. JANJ reaches 75,000+ students annually in relevant, hands-on learning experiences that teach young people to manage their money, plan for their economic future, own businesses, and be college and career ready.
JA associates are known for their passion for the JA mission that brings together business and education to work with students in kindergarten through high school, so they are empowered to own their economic success. Members of the JA team interact with community leaders who support JA with their time, treasure, and talent. JANJ offers a collaborative, inclusive work environment and the opportunity to impact the lives of young people in our community.
Position Summary: JANJ is seeking a dynamic teammate to support school-based program events in an assigned region (North or South Jersey, based on the candidate's location). This position will be responsible for supporting day-to-day management and the smooth operation of in-person programs with schools and education partners.
This position will join a collaborative team and implement programs in JA Learning pathways Work Career Readiness, Entrepreneurship, and Financial Literacy, including but not limited to:
· K-12 School Implementation: Providing materials and day-of support to elementary, middle, and high school teachers for teacher / volunteer-led delivery.
· Assist with program special events in assigned regions (Job Shadows, Career Success Workshops, etc.)
· Program Associates are friendly, organized individuals who help to manage the event flow and schedule.
· Supports the Programs team to achieve programmatic and impact goals.
· Maintain and develop relationships with schools, teachers, and stakeholders.
· Secure necessary data for program completion: volunteer registration, and completion forms from educators.
· Secure educator, student, and volunteer feedback to improve program quality.
· Assist with other Junior Achievement organizational duties as assigned.
· Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence and that all department programs operate consistently and ethically within the mission and core values of JA.
· Program Associates can work a flexible schedule. Hours are 8:00 am-3:00 pm, 2-4 days per week and the weekly schedule may vary.
· Program activity runs from September 2023 – June 2024
Qualifications / Skills:
- Associate's, bachelor’s degree, or currently enrolled.
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Proven excellent reasoning and judgment.
- Comfortable speaking in front of multiple audiences – students, volunteers, and educators.
- Adaptability and ability to discover new opportunities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- A proven ability to take initiative and work independently to accomplish organizational and program objectives.
- Valid Driver’s License
Experience in education or business and/or familiarity with NJ schools and businesses preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer
JA is committed to equity and the elimination of all discrimination. We dedicate ourselves to creating and maintaining an environment that respects diversity and is inclusive across all organization and program levels. We encourage and empower teams and stakeholders to interact meaningfully, leading to sustainable inclusion and equitable opportunities for all students.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job duties required by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: On the road
*Please mention you saw this ad on JobsInNonprofit.*