Data Entry Specialist - Part Time
TITLE: Date Entry Specialist - Part Time
Special Olympics Illinois is a not-for-profit organization offering year-round training and competition in 18 sports to Illinois athletes with intellectual disabilities. Special Olympics Illinois is dedicated to shaping a culture where people with and without intellectual disabilities are fully integrated into the community by providing opportunities in competitive sports, health education, leadership and personal development. As a part of the Special Olympics Illinois team, you’ll join an energetic and hard-working group of individuals committed to transforming the lives of those we serve.
Special Olympics Illinois is actively recruiting for the role of Data Entry Specialist. This role is primarily responsible for providing support to the Program Services Team by maintaining databases to help ensure that athletes, coaches, and volunteers are properly registered and vetted as required by Special Olympics Illinois.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs data entry of information to maintain database(s) through custom software and paper applications; responsible for accuracy, efficiency, filing and retrieval of processed data
- Reviews discrepancies in data received; requests clarification or advises supervisor of issues related to data and performs data verification routines in accordance with organizational procedures
- Demonstrates proficiency in all Program Services data entry functions to provide backup and assistance to other data entry staff as needed
- Manages volunteers or temporary employees as needed
- Associates Degree preferred
- Special Olympics experience or non-for-profit experience preferred
- One to three months’ related office customer service experience and/or training highly preferred
- Experience handling and processing highly confidential information
- Passion for helping individuals with special needs and/or intellectual disabilities
- Reliable mode of transportation; must be able to consistently make schedules shifts on-time
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills; ability to write routine reports and correspondence and edit documents for spelling and/or grammatical errors
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments
Work Schedule & Requirements
- Position will be based out the Normal, IL office
- Reports to Assistant Director of Data Entry
- Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends as position demands, not to exceed 30 hours per week
- Independent in-state travel occasionally required, including some possible overnight and weekend travel as an essential function of position
- Physical mobility required: must be able to climb stairs, assist in setup and breakdown at events, stand or sit for long periods of time, and load and unload vehicles
- Light work required, which involves lifting no more than 20 pounds at a time with some lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds; requires some walking, standing, and/or sitting with some pushing and pulling of arm or leg controls; includes sedentary work
- Close visual acuity required to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines; operating motor vehicles
- Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance is required
- Offers of employment are contingent upon clear results of a background check
Special Olympics Illinois is committed to building a diverse, creative, engaged, collaborative, and hard-working team that is dedicated to our athletes, our communities, and each other. Our employees are our most valuable asset, and we aim to create a positive atmosphere where employees feel valued and fulfilled. We truly want people to love working here, and we strive to create a culture that allows for growth, opportunity, and fun.
Special Olympics Illinois is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status, criminal conviction, and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
*Please mention you saw this ad on JobsInNonprofit.*