Part-Time STEM Specialist
STEM Specialist-Math Focus
REPORTS TO: STEM Impact Manager
The vision of Boys and Girls Clubs of America is to provide a world-class Club Experience that assures success is within reach of every young person we serve, on track to graduate high school and with a plan for the future. The mission of BGCDT is to enable our kids to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible adults. Our Board of Directors has further directed our team to ensure that our Club alumni become distinguished in the community as readily employable and prepared for success in life. To meet these goals, our programs need to provide enrichment activities and supports beyond what is offered by our school system and our families. Our call to action is to deliver programs that go above and beyond for our members. Offering the minimum or accepting the status quo is not good enough for them.
The position of STEM Specialist-Math Focus is responsible for designing, developing, and implementing engaging and educational Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) activities and programs for members K-2. This role aims to enhance youth’s love of Math while promoting critical thinking, and developing problem solving skills in all areas of STEM.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Create age appropriate STEM (Math Focused) curriculum, lesson plans, and activities tailored to different age groups and learning levels.
- Develop and lead interactive, hands-on STEM (Math focused) activities that encourage exploration, experimentation, and creativity among youth by providing step-by-step instructions, guidance, and support to members.
- Foster a collaborative and inclusive environment where members can explore, experiment, and learn from one another.
- Incorporate relevant technologies and tools into STEM activities to expose members to real-world applications of STEM concepts.
- High school diploma or GED / College coursework preferred.
- Interest in STEM with college coursework in the field projected or completed.
- Excellent organizational abilities, including the capacity to manage multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
- Flexibility to work occasional weekends to accommodate events
- Ability to work with a variety of people with various backgrounds and skill sets.
- Strong professional and interpersonal skills.
- Strong technical skills including computer, phone, printer, and other electronic devices.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong team building skills to promote a positive Club and work environment.
This position requires the ability to travel to multiple sites by vehicle. The STEM Specialist-Math Focus should visit sites regularly to establish strong working relationships with each Site’s staff, volunteers and families.
Job Type: Part-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Carpentersville, IL 60110: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- STEM: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
*Please mention you saw this ad on JobsInNonprofit.*