Director of Education
WHO WE ARE
The Alliance for Decision Education (the Alliance) is a nonprofit organization that is driving a revolutionary shift in the way we think about education. Our mission is to improve lives by empowering students with essential skills and dispositions for making better decisions. We are driven by this mission, supported by science, and backed by a growing list of global luminaries and leaders.
The decisions we make shape our lives and those of the people around us. There is no more important set of skills that we can teach today’s youth than how to approach decision-making.
The Alliance is committed to an inclusive, supportive, and collaborative culture. Our team is made up of diverse, dedicated, and driven educators, researchers, subject matter experts, and other professionals who have come from different backgrounds for a common purpose. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
WHAT WE OFFER
The Alliance offers a comprehensive total rewards package inclusive of competitive compensation that is commensurate with experience, generous Paid Time Off (PTO), an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and employer-paid medical, vision, dental, life, and disability insurance.
Employees may also contribute to a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and a 401(k) plan with a dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%. The Alliance offers equipment and supplies to work remotely as well as additional resources to help employees do their best work.
The Director of Education will be responsible for overseeing the strategic advancement of Decision Education as it relates to K-12 initiatives. This includes, but is not limited to, the evolution and implementation of Decision Education learning standards, school-based proof points, professional development, certifications, student assessments, instructional rubrics, and impact and evaluation strategy. They will also support the piloting and scaling of high-quality Decision Education solutions by building and partnering with a community of educators.
This individual will also oversee our Head of Product to develop, design, and implement our first-ever online offering of Decision Education curricula, including teacher resources.
The Director of Education will report to the Interim Executive Director and will serve as head of the Education department, which is responsible for leading the content creation and implementation of Decision Education across the country. We expect this individual to adhere to the Alliance’s hybrid work schedule, working both remotely and from our office in Bala Cynwyd, PA.
The position is based in the United States.
- Lead, manage, and mentor the Education department, which is made up of individuals that specialize in curriculum, professional development, teaching, and other focus areas within education; hire and train additional staff as necessary
- Oversee the execution of the Education department’s strategic plan, including the collection of KPIs to measure the progress of strategic goals and initiatives
- Manage the departmental budget, ensuring that resources are allocated efficiently
- Oversee the development of our online offering of Decision Education curricula
- Oversee the nationwide adoption of our Decision Education K-12 Learning Standards
- Oversee the development and implementation of prototype programs and proof points that will help Decision Education scale across the nation; this includes our current offerings: Teacher Fellowship, Incubator, and Student Forecasting Tournament
- Oversee relationships with stakeholders; this includes departments of education, school districts, independent schools, colleges, and professional education organizations
- Oversee training events, workshops, and conference participation
- Oversee collaboration across all departments for a variety of initiatives that include, but are not limited to, awareness raising, funding, community engagement, and research
- These responsibilities may change or expand over time consistent with the organization’s needs and initiatives.
- 15+ years of experience in K-12 education; at least five years of classroom experience
- 10+ years of experience in leadership within an EdTech company, school district, education nonprofit, curriculum provider, or similar entity
- Significant experience with curriculum product design
- Experience overseeing, launching, or scaling national education programs, products, or initiatives
- Experience managing a team or department
- Experience managing a departmental budget
- Experience coaching educators to build capacity, community, and collaboration, both internally and externally
- Experience with education grants preferred, but not required
- Experience in decision science, behavioral science, social psychology, or related field preferred, but not required
- Skills, Characteristics, and Attributes
- Substantial communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- Leadership skills
- Respectful, collaborative, and collegial
- Intellectually humble, open-minded, innovative, strategic, and adaptable
- Growth-minded and intellectually curious
- Diligent, professional, productive, reliable, organized, and efficient
- Takes initiative and is committed to individual and organizational success
- Passionate about the work and dedicated to the organization’s goals
*Please mention you saw this ad on JobsInNonprofit.*