Client Engagement Manager
Client Engagement Manager
Internal and External Posting
The Learning Enrichment Foundation (LEF) is a not-for-profit (with a social enterprise mindset) which provides a multidisciplinary and holistic set of supports for members of our community including those who are: in transition, new to Canada, out of the workforce, and a host of other individual circumstances. We currently knit together Settlement Services, Childcare, Employment Supports, Skills Training, and Language Training.
If you want to join us, you need to understand that it is the little things that often have the most impact; it is through supporting and empowering individuals and families, (indeed the community as a whole) that we achieve our goals.
LEF is a growing organization and as such, any candidate hired into this position should find opportunities for a rewarding career with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We have a great compensation and benefits package and employ self-directed go getters who thrive on innovation and best in breed practices. If the potential of our impact excites you, then consider joining our team.
For more information about the Learning Enrichment Foundation, please visit our website at www.lefca.org
On an ongoing basis the Manager is responsible for coordinating the delivery of front-line services and ensuring consistency with organizational goals and vision. Working closely with the Director of Research and Economic Resilience to ensure that contractual targets are being met, this position will oversee all aspects of front-line services with a focus on employment, digital literacy, training, and workforce development including outreach, intake, one-on-one supports, workshops, group activities, scheduling, client record keeping, evaluation of client’s progress, as well as staff supervision and development. This position also works cooperatively with other Managers to ensure a coordinated response to community members’ needs. The goal is to ensure a positive client experience leading to tangible goals being met. This is a people management role as well, so a focus on team development and engagement is important and key to program and client success.
· Grounds work in the Client Engagement Code of Practice and other LEF’s policies.
· Oversees all aspects of front-line services with a focus on skills and workforce development for Internationally Trained Individuals, Youth, and individuals with distance from the labour market including outreach, intake, one-on-one supports, workshops, group activities, scheduling, client record keeping, evaluation of client’s progress.
· Oversees all aspects of digital literacy initiatives with a focus on supporting individuals who face barriers to participating in the digital economy.
· Maintains positive, open, and direct communication lines with Program Coordinators, Client Engagement Workers (CEWs), External Forces staff, Managers, Directors and other stakeholders.
· Assists and provides support to program staff including Program Coordinators, CEWs, ensuring a wide range of newcomer, training and employment supports are available.
· Works with other LEF departments, community partners and other stakeholders to ensure effective holistic services to clients.
· Encourages and nurtures effective engagement practices to achieve client’s newcomer, training, and employment goals.
· Responds to crisis situations as required.
· Manages funders’ relationships and reporting requirements.
· Monitors program forecasts and budgets and works with Finance Department to complete claims and forecasts required by funders.
· Completes and maintains required documentation (funders’ reports, budget expenditures, equipment) and ensures proper client record keeping.
· Work with CEWs and administrative staff to ensure that internal and funders’ databases are maintained up to date.
· Participates in research, and report and proposal writing.
· Works collaboratively with staff to ensure proper impact measurement and analysis using an asset-based framework.
· Attends community group meetings and committees as required.
· Identifies and participates in opportunities for professional development.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Leads direct reports through thoughtful coaching and mentoring.
- Oversees department team members, providing appropriate support, development opportunities, recognition, challenge, and motivation for team.
- Performs regular performance reviews against goals and day to day work.
- Schedules the team for weekly hours, approving time off requests
- Provides ongoing information to the team on strategic and work plans and how their work supports LEF priorities and vision.
- Holds regular team and individual check-in meetings to ensure open and ongoing supports and communications.
- Works closely with other teams such as Human Resources for resources to support the team.
Become an active member of LEF’s holistic & integrated approach to client service delivery which includes but is not limited to:
· Grounding work in the Client Engagement Code of Practice and other LEF’s policies
· Encouraging program team to develop strengths and support opportunities to foster professional growth through coaching, mentoring, and using the accountability framework.
· Sharing professional experiences and knowledge and provide feedback to improve individual and team performance.
- Working in collaboration with an inter-disciplinary team of skills training and language instructors, client engagement and employer engagement staff, CNC staff, managers, directors and other LEF departments
- Working with other LEF staff to ensure that clients have the appropriate engagements/interventions; support the outcomes of language, skills training, labour market and newcomer objectives.
- Attending staff and team meetings, participate in extra-curricular activities that further integrate LEF services and other activities.
Qualifications and Experience:
· Bachelors’ degree in a related field from an accredited College/University
- Personal commitment to a community and client responsive approach
· 1 to 3 years’ experience leading successful teams and managing effective programs in the social services or related fields.
· Knowledge of skills development and workforce development strategies
· Ability to monitor program forecasts and budgets, and work with Finance Department to complete claims and forecasts required by funders.
· Experience with program reporting and evaluation
· Committed to supporting a healthy workplace environment that embraces diversity and encourages teamwork.
- Capacity to identify and articulate potential problems and provide possible solutions in a concise and clear manner.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, Teams, PowerPoint, Outlook, social media, and other relevant applications
- Knowledge and experience working with online databases, web applications, case, and grant management systems.
· Comfortable working on new, uncertain, and abstract projects where the requirements are sometimes unclear.
· Project management experience with the ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
· Works well under pressure and produces on deadlines.
· Strong understanding of the local community (Weston/Mount Dennis) and of community development issues
· Ability to work independently and as part of an inter-disciplinary team in a pro-active manner.
· Demonstrated success in working with adults of diverse cultural backgrounds.
· Multi-cultural sensitivity and able work in a multi-cultural/multi-racial environment
· Commitment to on-going professional growth and development
- Adaptable to changing work hours and locations.
· Experience working and managing a team remotely would be an asset.
· Adaptable to changing work hours and locations.
- Knowledge of second language an asset
To be considered, applications must be received by:
Posting Date: January 5th, 2024
Closing Date: – January 19th, 2024, by EOD.
Please note: We thank all applicants for applying; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Interested candidates should email their resume and covering letter as one document to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Learning Enrichment Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to complying with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We also adhere to all Public Health and Ministry of Labor COVID policies. If you require accommodations to participate in this activity, please contact Michelle Ilelaboye at email@example.com.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
Ability to Commute:
- Toronto, ON (Preferred)
Ability to Relocate:
- Toronto, ON: Relocate before starting work (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
*Please mention you saw this ad on JobsInNonprofit.*