Chief Executive Officer
Johnstown YMCA Executive Director
We are looking for a leader who can grow our organizational capacity through teamwork and delegation. The executive Director must be able to work with the Board of Directors to establish goals and objectives for the Y and the community. As the face of the Y in the region this role requires the ability to build collaborative alliances and cast a vision for members and staff alike. Candidate must have the ability to direct assigned operations including supervision of staff, developing and monitoring budgets, marketing and program development and volunteer development.
What’s in it for you?
- The focus of this job is on achieving results which are aligned with the larger picture of the organization and its strategic goals.
- Initiative, coupled with a sense of competitive drive, and the ability to stay focused on results despite changing conditions, is the key to achieving the performance objectives of this job. Because environmental and organizational conditions change rapidly, the work involves innovation and creativity in generating ideas for quick response.
- Decision-making is focused on implementing practical, timely solutions.
- The job requires getting things done quickly and handling a variety of activities. Self-assurance, and the confidence to purposely drive towards constant problem-solving and engaging in the commitment of others is essential.
What are the hours like?
- Apply today to discuss if there’s a schedule that can work for you!
What are the primary duties and responsibilities?
- Grow current programs
- Look for new program opportunities
- Finalize and implement a strategic plan
- Improve operating performance
- Stewart fundraising efforts
- Build and lead staff
- Evaluate market conditions for program development Network Management
- Develop and maintain donor relationships
- Connect with agencies in the community
- Develop relationships with community leaders Fiscal Management
- Manage annual budget
- Maintenance and development of facilities
What do you bring?
- Drive to get things done
- Positive response to pressure
- Lively and Enthusiastic Attitude
What are the job characteristics?
- Sense of urgency for goal achievement Varied activities Multiple, simultaneous projects
- Multi-tasking Fast-paced environment
- Results focus Idea generation, innovative and creative problem solving
- Rapport and relationship building focused on achieving results Engage commitment of others
- Problem solving orientation
- Risk taking
- Action-oriented and somewhat collaborative decision-making Quick decision making in response to changing conditions
- Extroverted, enthusiastic, persuasive, stimulates others to action
- Collaboration focused on results
- Authoritative leadership based on generalist expertise, knowledge of systems Directive leadership to assure business results are achieved
- Delegation of details as necessary, with follow up on timeliness and quality
- Education and Experience Requirements
- Accredited 4-year college degree and/or equivalent work experience.
- Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills and personal values consistent with the YMCA mission.
- YMCA CEO Certification or ability to obtain within first 6 mo. of employment.
- Minimum five years prior experience in a senior management role with a YMCA or related experience at a comparable organization with direct supervision of multiple levels of staff and employees.
- Fiscally sound business management approach with a proven track record of budgetary and fiscal management.
The YMCA in Johnstown, Pennsylvania is a cause-driven organization focused on three key areas: youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. We believe a strong community can only be achieved when we invest in our kids, our health, and our neighbors. EOE
Job Type: Full-time
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- 8 hour shift
- On call
- Weekends as needed
Ability to Relocate:
- Johnstown, PA 15901: Relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person
*Please mention you saw this ad on JobsInNonprofit.*