Reports to: Director of Operations
Direct and manage the overall operation of a Club site with regard to the strategic direction of the organization. Design and ensure implementation of a comprehensive, outcome-driven program. Supervise and train staff, manage personnel, oversee
Clubhouse facility usage and maintenance, oversee and manage site-specific budget, maintain community relationships, and give direction for membership administration.
Leadership and Strategic Planning
1. Set the scope of site programs, activities, and services that prepare youth for success and create a Club environment that facilitates the achievement of the priority Youth Development outcomes.
2. Hire and supervise site staff
3. Evaluate site programs, activities, and services to ensure progress toward goals and objectives.
4. Ensure that accurate program and attendance records are maintained in the Club’s membership database and any other required data management systems.
5. Ensure administrative and operational systems are in place to maintain operation of physical properties and equipment of the Clubhouse, including use of facilities by outside groups.
6. Identify development needs of site staff and secure and/or provide proper training.
7. Ensure staff are implementing programs and activities that are consistent with organizational goals and objectives.
8. Create, monitor, and submit required data and budget reports to various stakeholders
9. Maintain accurate records, documentation, files, and data systems
10. Compiles, reviews and ensures monthly reports are correct before submission to various funders, stakeholders, and Club administrators
11. Ensures staff have completed all required background checks and onboarding documentation
12. Ensures that staff have completed all required trainings
13. Review and approve staff timesheets and time off requests. Work with Office Manager to make any adjustments and corrections that might be necessary.
14. Secure necessary resources for program delivery
15. Maintain an accurate inventory of all Club supplies and resources
16. Ensure the Clubhouse is well maintained, providing a safe, healthy environment for use by Club members and outside groups.
17. Maintain Club equipment and supplies in good working condition.
Marketing & Public Relations
18. Contribute to the organization’s marketing and public relations efforts, including providing regular updates and information to the marketing department for usage in the Club’s social media, website, and other digital marketing resources.
19. Increase the organization’s visibility in the community through attending civic and community events.
20. Develop and maintain partnerships with parents, community members, and other organizations to achieve stated goals and objectives.
21. Communicate with school staff and administration to provide program and student updates
● Exercise authority in problems relating to members; utilize an approved guidance and discipline plan
● Assist in organization’s fundraising efforts and special events
● Lead regular staff meetings with site staff
● Participate in regular Operations team meetings
● Support Board Committees as required
Internal: Maintains close, daily contact with Club administrative staff to interpret and explain organizational mission, program objectives and standards, discuss issues, and provide/receive information. Maintains contact with Advisory committee and/or Board of
Directors as appropriate. Have regular contact with members as needed to discipline, advise, and counsel.
External: maintains contact with external community groups, schools, members’ parents, and others to assist in resolving problems and to publicize the Club.
● Four year degree from an accredited college or university strongly preferred, or equivalent experience in a Boys & Girls Club or similar organization, planning and supervising activities based on the developmental needs of young people.
Relevant combinations of education and experience will also be considered.
● Demonstrated ability in personnel supervision, facilities management, and the recruitment and retention of key personnel.
● Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
● Ability to recruit, train, supervise, and motivate staff.
● Ability to deal effectively with members, including discipline problems.
● Working knowledge of budget preparation, control, and management.
● Demonstrated ability in working with young people, parents, and community leaders.
● Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel required. Ability to learn and use the computer programs used to manage Club activities.
● Must be able to work with a diverse group of people in a professional manner and be able to handle several tasks concurrently.
● This person must be able to work with minimal supervision, be a self-starter and take the initiative to evaluate and drive the club’s day-to-day activities and improvements.
Key Competencies & Attributes:
● Confidence in dealing with ambiguity; bringing different perspectives to light
● High degree of business curiosity; quick learner with a proactive and agile mindset
● Optimistically looks toward future for opportunities to innovate and improve
● Ability to gather, analyze, and interpret data, and set action plans based on the analysis
● Ability to manage projects and interface directly with stakeholders to accomplish defined objectives
● Able to think and act tactically; hands on
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk. Regularly, the employee must kneel, bend, push/pull, and be able to reach above shoulder level. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds; some projects may require assisting in moving additional, heavier items. The employee may be required to use hands for repetitive action such as simple grasping.
The employee must be able to work nights and weekends on occasion and participate in activities provided to youth.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $32,000.00 - $36,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person
*Please mention you saw this ad on JobsInNonprofit.*