Chief Executive Officer
Lynx Employer Resources is proud to support Valley Community Healthcare in its search for a Chief Executive Officer! (Please note: Submissions will be accepted through February 12, 2024.)
At Valley Community Healthcare, we approach our inclusive culture with intentionality, purpose, and a deliberate commitment to excellence. Our team is made up of people with different strengths, lived experiences, and backgrounds, who share a passion for our mission:
To improve the health and well-being of the whole community by providing high quality primary medical care and comprehensive healthcare services to those in need, regardless of their ability to pay.
If you're someone who…
- Is a mission-driven, FQHC executive leader who embraces collaboration, exhibits excellent communication skills, and forges strong relationships built on trust, respect, and inclusivity
- Is a visionary and strategic thinker who is operations, finance, and systems savvy
- Brings heart, purpose, transparency, and authenticity to your leadership
- Has a talent for building, developing and inspiring teams to excel and succeed together
- Values and prioritizes employee wellness and fosters a healthy work environment
- Has a reputation for actively fostering solid, trusted partnerships with boards, community members, political representatives and donors
- Is comfortable holding a seat at many tables on behalf of an organization, and respects the level of influence and responsibility that duty entails
- Brings a balanced approach and commitment to quality care by valuing insights from both patient experiences and data analytics
- Utilizes your development acumen to augment community presence and diversify funding
- Has uncompromising ethics and is versed in handling complex situations with diplomacy and tact
- Is experienced in managing complex healthcare dynamics and issues within an FQHC environment
… then we have an exciting and rewarding opportunity for you! If our mission and this role resonate with you, we encourage you to read on to learn more!
About Valley Community Healthcare
For over 50 years our mission has been to provide culturally sensitive, high-quality primary and integrated health services to those in need, regardless of their ability to pay. We not only return patients to health from injury or illness; we help them stay well through preventive care and healthy lifestyle counseling. Our dedicated staff is committed to the well-being of low-income, medically underserved residents in North Hollywood and North Hills and surrounding cities in the San Fernando Valley. Our doctors, nurses and healthcare specialists serve an estimated 26,000 men, women, children, teens, and seniors annually. By offering medical care to every family member in a single location, we make access to care easier to schedule, and so reduce visits to emergency rooms and urgent care facilities.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the CEO: is responsible for all aspects and oversight of the organization including fiduciary and operational functions; leads by providing vision, philosophy, oversight, accountability; develops and implements strategic and operational plans to achieve the financial viability of the organization, oversees the operation of the organization, develops management strategy, allocates resources, and ensures that compliance and a regulatory environment is maintained; provides leadership and management to ensure that the mission and core values of the organization are put into practice; acts as chief spokesperson and is actively present in the community, building positive relationships with other community leaders, industry professionals and political representatives; works closely with the Board Officers and through the Board to develop policy and maintain oversight.
- Continues and maintains trusted collaborative working relationships throughout the organization and with the Board of Directors as an effective developer of solutions to organization challenges.
- Leads the organization and sets a philosophy that is well understood, widely supported, consistently applied, and effectively implemented.
- Continues to innovate appropriate organizational structure to carry out the mission and activities, and to ensure fiscal accountability.
- Works with the Board and appropriate consultants to develop a plan to implement the future of the organization.
- Responsible for setting and managing objectives and plans that meet the needs of the VCH patients and which are responsive to its community.
- Ensures consistent and timely progress toward strategic objectives.
- Prepares an annual operating plan and allocates resources consistent with the short and long- term strategic objectives.
- Ensures the development of effective recruitment training, retention and personnel communications plans and programs.
- Motivates the necessary human resources to achieve objectives.
- Encourages diversity in hiring including monitoring programs to provide advancement opportunities for underrepresented employees.
- Supervises and manages Executive Leadership Team; includes providing overall direction, coordination and evaluation of these departments.
Government and Community Communications
- Serves as chief spokesperson on behalf of the organization, communicating effectively with all stakeholders and governmental and other funding agencies.
- Supports and cultivates a positive focus and understanding of VCH’s mission and effective representation of patient needs to all communities, professional, political (federal, state, and local) and public.
- Responsible for the development of appropriate annual and longer-term financial objectives and demonstrates the ability to consistently achieve these goals.
- Oversees the implementation of appropriate systems to protect assets and maintain effective control of operations.
- Maintains long-range investment/endowment/planned giving programs.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state, local, and regulatory laws, and requirements of grant and funding sources.
- Works closely with the Board of Directors and Governors to collaboratively set and manage priorities, scope of work and operations.
- Keeps Board of Directors fully informed of important aspects of the status and development of the organization.
- Facilitates Board’s governance, composition, and committee structure compliance.
- Implements Board policies and recommends policies for Board consideration.
- Develops, attracts, retains, motivates, and supervises an effective top management team capable of achieving objectives.
- Leads plan(s) for management succession at all levels.
Additional Areas of Focus
- Valley Health Foundation – Serves on VHF Board of Directors and Ex Officio Director.
- Property Management – Ensures the proper maintenance of facilities and Landlord duties.
Competencies and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, advanced degree preferred.
- Five (5) years of advanced executive management experience serving in a public health/or non-profit organization (FQHC preferred).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including public speaking and presentation skills.
- Experience in public policy, including political relationships and legislative priorities, as well as responding to legislative and regulatory changes likely to affect VCH patients/organization.
- Experience working effectively with multiple organizations, committees of volunteers, and an active Board of Directors.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in order to provide effective linkage among partner organizations and the community at large. Ability to work effectively with people of diverse cultures, ages, and backgrounds.
- Demonstrate initiative, a high level of organization, flexibility and the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and deal with a high level of ambiguity.
- This position works in fast paced, high volume environment with frequent interruptions and critical deadlines.
- Office environment spending time sitting at computer; however, some potential for repetitive motion injury and eye strain. Will spend time walking/throughout the facilities.
- Must be able to regularly travel via personal vehicle or public transportation.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $325,000.00 - $400,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Please share why you are interested in being Valley Community Healthcare's next CEO.
- What do you believe are the top three leadership qualities you would bring to the role?
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Senior leadership: 5 years (Required)
- Public health: 5 years (Preferred)
- Community health center: 5 years (Preferred)
- Fundraising: 5 years (Preferred)
- FQHC: 5 years (Preferred)
Ability to Commute:
- North Hollywood, CA (Required)
Work Location: In person
*Please mention you saw this ad on JobsInNonprofit.*