Sr. Major Gifts Officer, Full Time, Day Shift
Sr. Major Gifts Officer, Full Time, Day Shift
$5,000 hiring bonus!
Pay Range: $77,402 to $116,104
Additional individual compensation may be available for this role through years of experience, differentials, extra shift incentives, bonuses, etc. Base pay is only a portion of the total rewards package, and a comprehensive benefits program is available for qualifying positions. Please contact our Talent Acquisition team for more information.
Located in the beautiful Napa Valley, Adventist Health St. Helena is an acute-care hospital with key service areas including 24-hour emergency care, Adventist Heart and Vascular Institute, Coon Joint Replacement Institute, Martin O'Neil Cancer Center and the innovative breast center with cutting-edge technologies all under one roof.
Located within easy reach of the coast, Sierra Nevada mountains and San Francisco, the Napa Valley is a place where the old world is not forgotten, where rural charm rules the day, and where everyone lives a great life. Whether walking along the local vineyards or biking the hills, this is a wonderful place to find a life and work balance.
Strategizes, plans and executes Major Gifts programs. Identifies and qualifies prospective donors, cultivating positive relationships and directly soliciting donations at the major gift level. Represents the organization to donors, sharing the need for financial support and motivating people to want to support the mission of the organization.
Education and Work Experience:
- Associate's/Technical Degree or equivalent combination of education/related experience: Required
- Bachelor's Degree: Preferred
- Five years' fundraising experience: Required
- Develops and implements major gift giving programs which incorporate planning, strategizing, prospect research, personal solicitations, follow-up and long-term donor/prospect cultivation. Recruits, organizes and staffs volunteer committees for the purpose of establishing relationships with and conducting solicitations of new prospects and existing donors. Provides training, direction and support to fundraising volunteers and new fundraising committee members.
- Develops and proposes strategies for solicitation of major gifts, including determining ongoing relationship with prospect/donor, recommending specific purpose and level of gift, identifying those to be involved in cultivation and subsequent solicitation, and ensuring solicitations are carried out.
- Researches opportunities to solicit major donors and involves them in the mission of the organization. Implements processes to sustain cultivation efforts and maintains contact with existing donors to insure long-term relationships. Coordinates processes and activities for the purpose of building a portfolio of potential donors capable and inclined to give $100,000 or more annually. Designs and implements appropriate cultivation and solicitation activities.
- Implements fundraising campaign, creates marketing materials and monitors progress toward fundraising goals. Attends special events hosted by the organization, such as galas, facility tours and receptions, to interact with donors and identify prospects.
- Identifies a pool of current, past and lapsed donors capable and inclined to give $100,000, or more. Develops intermediate giving segmentation strategies and executes in order to group donors for face-to-face or direct mail solicitation.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Adventist Health is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our associates and patients. Therefore, we require that all associates receive all required vaccinations, including, but not limited to, measles, mumps, flu (based on the seasonal availability of the flu vaccine typically during October-March each year), COVID-19 vaccine (required in CA, HI and OR) etc., as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter. Medical and religious exemptions may apply.
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
If you are interested in applying, please reach out to our recruiter Patty at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $77,402.00 - $116,104.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Associate (Preferred)
- Fundraising: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
*Please mention you saw this ad on JobsInNonprofit.*