- Palmetto Goodwill
- Location: Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- Category: Admin-Athletics/Coaching Philanthropy-Administrative-Non-profit
- Posting Date: 04/28/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Advances the Goodwill Mission by delivering operational training to assigned locations on the processes and procedures as outlined in Goodwill training curriculum as well as assessing the effectiveness of training. Assists in all phases of employee development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand and demonstrate a commitment to Palmetto Goodwill’s mission: Helping people achieve their full potential through the dignity and power of work
- Delivers operations training for assigned locations three (3) days per week
- Conducts New Employee Orientation, annual training and operations training in designated training location.
- Frequent travel is required for business related activities
- Produces correspondence, reports, records, and other data by utilizing computer systems in a timely manner as needed for each assignment, including entering evaluations into Learning Management System. (LMS)
- Helps to implement training curriculum and track and report training outcomes
- Coordinates with assigned training locations to ensure all training can be facilitated including the use of staff assistance
- Evaluates the effectiveness of training by assessing job performance as measured against operations outcomes and competency-based training
- Ensures compliance with established safety, security, sales, money handling, and record keeping procedures and practices as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures. Reports known or suspected security and/or theft problems to the Loss Prevention and DGR leadership team
- Responsible to maintain a high degree of confidentiality along with a professional work environment.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with customers, participants, and co-workers
- Serve as a liaison between division leadership to communicate progress, needs, and recommendations for implementation of employee training
- Assist the training leadership staff in analyzing, implementing, and evaluating training plan and materials for employees
- Assist training leadership in developing methods of rewarding and celebrating employees who meet training goals.
- Maintains documentation of all coaching, training, and activities via timely, thorough, and accurate recordkeeping.
- Work occasional after-hours and weekends. This position may require travel to multiple locations.
- Attends team meetings, in-service training, seminars, regular and ad hoc team meetings as assigned.
- Complies with all agency policies, procedures, and safety standards throughout all work areas; maintains same to meet CARF, Department of Labor and other regulatory standards.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bilingual preferred- Able to read, write and speak Spanish proficiently
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or sales reports.
- Ability to write training attendance and compliance reports.
- Ability to exercise discretion while managing confidential information.
- Possess an attitude of personal and professional continuous improvement.
- Proficient in the basic career and personal facilitating process while possessing strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel spreadsheets
- Emotional Intelligence (EQ): high levels of self-awareness, maturity, and self-control
- Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills throughout all levels of the organization
- Excellent communication, decision making, and problem-solving skills
- Awareness of the cultural diversity associated with Palmetto Goodwill’s employees and territory.
- Knowledge of community resources including faith, social, fraternal, educational, business, and governmental entities within the assigned service delivery area.
- Ability to learn and apply different teaching techniques suitable for individual and classroom instruction.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team within the context of team-based organization.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, appropriate insurance coverage and a privately owned reliable means of transportation to travel throughout assigned locations on a regular and recurring basis.
- Ability to conform to Goodwill Industries’ Drug and Tobacco Free Workplace requirements and Code of Ethics.
Education and Experience
Associate degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school in Business or related field and two years of retail management experience with an emphasis on training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, climb, or balance, or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or lift and/or move over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and depth perception. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in adverse weather conditions. Employee may be exposed to dust, odors, extreme cold or heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.