- The EdVenture Group
- Location: Morgantown, West Virginia
- Category: Nonprofit-Research Philanthropy-Administrative-Non-profit
- Posting Date: 07/19/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
The EdVenture Group, a non-profit educational consulting firm, is seeking a highly motivated, entrepreneurially minded individual to join our unique team. In this position, the individual will assist The EdVenture Group in coordinating and developing innovative, forward-thinking education program that reimagine what school can be. The Innovation Researcher will report to the company’s Manager of Innovation to co-create and deliver high-quality professional education services in accordance with the mission, core values, and goals of The EdVenture Group.
An ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications/attributes:
1. Required An entrepreneurial, future-oriented, growth mindset;
2. Required A horizontal, recombinant thinker that identifies and connects resources and ideas to create new opportunities;
3. Required Master’s degree or Doctorate with relevant experience in innovation, education or equivalent from an accredited institute of higher education;
4. Preferred experience working with K-12 educators, schools, and communities on innovation, entrepreneurship, and/or ecosystem centric projects;
5. Preferred experience in grant writing and grant management;
6. Comfort and experience working within an environment requiring deliverables on multiple projects weekly;
7. Strong commitment to individual and organizational growth combined with internal motivation, allowing them to be a self-starter to drive this growth;
8. Strong verbal skills and ability to communicate internally and externally on behalf of projects and as a trainer/facilitator as required;
9. Strong written communication skills to use story-telling and reporting to sustain, scale, and seek new funding opportunities;
10. Excellent at building relationships in all professional settings and identifying and empathizing with all stakeholder groups;
11. Ability to work effectively and efficiently in group environments, unstructured environments, and individually via remote work;
12. Excellent organizational skills, with an ability to work independently and manage tasking as assigned;
13. Creative problem solving skills to address internal and external challenges and reframe these quickly as opportunities;
14. A customer-focused mindset; anticipating K-12 educational needs to ideate creative programming.
The Innovation Researcher performs the following essential functions:
1. Co-develop and deliver curricula and programming for existing projects.
2. Assist in reporting and written communications related to existing projects.
3. Seek and secure additional funding opportunities for the organization.
4. Conduct regular market research to forecast educational trends and areas of growth.
5. Develop new and innovative project ideas and partnerships.
6. Report to Manager of Innovation weekly.
7. As required, extensive travel while maintaining project deliverables, including airline travel and overnight stays.
Job-Type: Full Time, Remote
Salary: Commensurate on experience
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Master's (Required)