- Mississippi Alliance of Nonprofits and Philanthropy
- Location: Jackson, Mississippi
- Category: Nonprofit-Research Philanthropy-Administrative-Non-profit
- Posting Date: 08/04/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position: Research Specialist
Organization: The Mississippi Alliance of Nonprofits and Philanthropy is a membership organization whose mission is to serve, build capacity and foster collaboration among and between Mississippi’s nonprofit and philanthropic communities.
Reports To: Innovations Coordinator
Classification: Full-Time (Exempt), Non-Supervisory Position
MAJOR FUNCTION: Coordinate and conduct needed research for special initiatives, including the Innovations Lab, and for Alliance members using available data sources including, but not limited to, GuideStar and Foundation Directory Online. Support the Alliance’s internal decision-making through supportive research to inform decisions and strategic direction.
- Develop research guidelines and protocols, defining data requirements, and developing standard processes and procedures for the use of data in Alliance programming and services
- Conduct custom research to support the Funding Information Network (FIN), and to aid Alliance constituents in conducting their own research using the FIN Network.
- Work with Alliance constituents to clarify research needs and develop either guidance for them to conduct their own research or provide, within the Alliance’s standard fee structure, custom research reports.
- Conduct research to support internal Alliance decision making and strategic directions.
- Work with other Alliance staff to creatively address needs expressed by various constituencies of the Alliance. This will include nonprofit organizations at various stages of organizational readiness, philanthropic organizations, policy makers, and other appropriate support organizations in other parts of the country.
- Develop evaluation procedures for assessing impact of research and supporting activities of the Innovations Lab.
B.S. with 3 years of relevant experience conducting research to support organizational goals.
- Desired Skills and Experience:
- M.S. or Ph.D. in a research-related field, nonprofit management, or combination of at least one degree in an above discipline or similar discipline and a degree in a technology-related field.
- Preference will also be given to candidates with a background in nonprofit management or thorough knowledge thereof, demonstrated data management abilities among multiple software and coding language platforms including image processing, and demonstrated success working closely with nonprofit, government, and private sector stakeholders on applied questions in organizational development and/or nonprofit management.
- Marketing, and communications experience
- Experience with GIS or similar mapping software, sampling, and survey design, and/or large data processing, preferably regarding a nonprofit-related field.
- Demonstrated abilities in designing and managing research projects and analyzing data, creative thinking, publication development, and/or effective communication among multiple stakeholder groups are preferred.
- Required Essential Skills and Experience:
- Commitment to having a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to be flexible while displaying professionalism and calmness in dealing with administrative issues and inquiries as they arise.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize effectively and focus on details while working on multiple projects.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and on a team.
- Keen sense of responsibility to make sure details are covered.
- Well-developed judgement and critical analysis skills as it relates to the job.
- Develop a solid understanding of The Alliance’s core values and purposes and act as an ambassador for The Alliance.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
About The Alliance
The Mississippi Alliance of Nonprofits and Philanthropy is a membership organization serving more than 500 nonprofits and grantmakers across the state. Our mission is to serve, build capacity and foster collaboration among and between Mississippi’s nonprofit and philanthropic communities. We value commitments to excellence, trust and accountability and promote a work environment that values respect, fairness, and integrity. The Alliance follows equal employment guidelines and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, class, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability (as prescribed by the Americans with Disabilities Act), veteran status or marital status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 - $55,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Social distance, wearing masks, temporarily working from home
- One location
- Temporarily due to COVID-19