Event Coordinator (Part-Time)
- Midland Chamber of Commerce
- Location: Midland, Texas
- Category: Admin-Other Administrative Positions Philanthropy-Administrative-Non-profit
- Posting Date: 08/12/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Founded in 1924, the Midland Chamber of Commerce is a non-profit, membership-based organization that exists to enhance the robust business climate of Midland, Texas, and surrounding areas.
Members join to strengthen and grow your business through our resources, initiatives, programs, and events.
Our events, programs, and initiatives offer exclusive learning, promotional, and networking opportunities for our members.
Chamber signature events include:
- Annual Meeting
- Midland-Odessa Legislative Days
- Star-Spangled Salute
- State of Education
- State of Midland
- State of Oil & Gas
- WTX Women
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for coordinating all aspects of Chamber events. Will work with VP of Chamber Relations to continue to develop and implement events that add value to Chamber membership, broadening the financial base and support of its activities that lead to growth and development for the Midland Chamber of Commerce. Must possess aptitude to work under constant pressure and time deadlines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (Other duties may be assigned):
- Organize, plan, coordinate and implement all aspects of Chamber events including (but not limited to) venue selection/procurement, program script, vendor contracts, catering, rentals, etc.
- Coordinate volunteers to implement the Chamber’s vision for events
- Stay informed of community events to prevent significant scheduling conflicts whenever possible
- Work with executive staff to develop event budgets
- Develop event sponsorship packages/materials when necessary
- Communicate sponsorship benefits to all event sponsors and ensure benefits are fulfilled for all events
- Maintain current, accurate, and complete files on all events and activities
- Record all relevant information in Chamber database (event details, description, registrations, sponsorships, etc.)
- Communicate event plans with staff and coordinate scheduling with organizational activities
- Support other Chamber departments, events, and activities as needed
- Work with VP Chamber Relations and Public Relations Specialist to develop marketing materials for Chamber events
- Ability to organize and implement a successful event
- Ability to help reach financial goals on events
- Attention to detail
- Effective leadership abilities
- Timeliness and accuracy in the accomplishment of assigned tasks
- Effective performance of above-listed duties and responsibilities
- Contribution to overall goals of the organization
- Quality of relationships with staff, members, volunteers, and the general public
- Initiative and creativity
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and CERTIFICATION: High school diploma or equivalent and one-year related experience and/or training. Event planning and/or fundraising background preferred, but not required.A valid and current Texas driver’s license is required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Have the ability to write reports and related correspondence. Have the ability to speak effectively before groups, customers, or employees of the organization. Have the ability to deal effectively, personally, and positively with individuals; including staff, volunteers, media, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Have the ability to understand and apply concepts equivalent to high school level math (minimum).
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Strong communications skills, both verbal and written are essential. Excellent listening skills are crucial. Have the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with strong organizational skills. Have the ability to manage and lead staff and work in a dynamic team environment. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, and Power Point programs as well as expertise in utilizing the internet. Experience working with volunteers in a not-for-profit organization is necessary. Professional appearance and demeanor are essential. Must have experience with common office equipment. Employee must possess interpersonal skills to maintain good relationships with media, staff, fellow employees, volunteers, Chamber membership and other business organizations.
WORKING CONDITIONS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is required to stand, walk, climb stairs, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel or crouch. Sufficient manual dexterity to operate a computer keyboard and calculator is required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will spend a percentage of time working outside of the regular place of work and occasionally works in outside weather conditions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $20.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Monday to Friday
Remote work is optional. Safety guidelines are implemented at all in-person events.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Event Planning: 1 year (Preferred)
- Multiple locations