Luvin Arms Animal Sanctuary is a place of refuge for abused and neglected farmed animals, and we work to inspire a more compassionate lifestyle through education and outreach programs. Since our founding in 2015, we have directly rescued hundreds of farmed animals in need and spared thousands more.
We are seeking an experienced Director of Development to lead Luvin Arms Animal Sanctuary in making a significant impact for farmed animals through fundraising and communications.
Through a strong business acumen, sound leadership, and proven experience in all aspects of fundraising, the Director of Development will lead, manage, and grow the Development and Communications department at Luvin Arms to raise more funds to help the rescued residents at Luvin Arms.
A successful Director of Development must have a broad knowledge of fundraising principles, a strategic mindset, and excellent leadership skills to be able to lead and develop their reportees. The Director of Development must be passionate about the organization’s missions’ success, growth, and have a strong desire to connect donors to their passion for helping animals through financial support.
### IF APPLYING, PLEASE ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS IN COVER LETTER: ###
1. Why do you wish to work at Luvin Arms?
2. Please describe how your lifestyle and beliefs are in alignment with Luvin Arms' mission.
3. Why are you passionate about fundraising?
Key responsibilities include:
- Build and manage a development plan to meet the organization’s annual and long-term goals
- Lead, manage, and grow all aspects of fundraising including major gifts, annual funds, direct mail, grants, planned giving, workplace and corporate giving, capital campaigns, board giving, and special events. This includes strategy, relationship management, proposal writing, appeal writing, design, segmenting and targeting, and execution.
- Lead donor stewardship program and acknowledgment process
- Participate in planning for fundraising events, including in-kind solicitation
- Manage clean and comprehensive CRM database
- Participate in organizational strategic planning
- Supervise Development Coordinator and department interns
- Lead and manage volunteers as needed
- Lead and manage all marketing and communications efforts for both fundraising and programs including social media, emails and newsletters, press releases, articles, media, advertisements, and design
- Report and present to the Executive Director and Board of Directors about fundraising efforts
- Assist in Board development
- Proven experience as a Development Director
- Proven track record of success with major gifts, annual fund, direct mail, grants, planned giving, workplace and corporate giving, capital campaigns, board giving, and special events
- Demonstrated success directing internal and external communications efforts involving Development and donors, public relations, advocacy, and social media
- A love of people and relationships with a drive to connect people with their passion for helping animals
- Relevant experience in marketing and communications
- Excellent writer and knowledge of how to appeal to different audiences via various mediums
- Outstanding knowledge of data analysis, reporting, and budgeting
- Strong business acumen with a strategic thinking ability
- Superior organizational and leadership skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn effective messaging techniques to further the organization’s mission
Required credentials and experience:
- Five years fundraising experience with at least three years focused on major gifts
- Living a lifestyle in alignment with the mission, values, and goals of Luvin Arms Animal Sanctuary
- Full-depth understanding of and passion for ending the plight of farmed animals
- Full-time, exempt
- Reports to the Executive Director
- Flexibility to work weekends and be on-call when necessary
- Moderate travel required
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
- Describe why you want to work for Luvin Arms Animal Sanctuary? Does your personal values align with the mission of Luvin Arms.
- Fundraising: 5 years (Preferred)
- Development: 3 years (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19