- American Bird Conservancy
- Location: Washington, DC
- Category: Nonprofit-Grant Writing Philanthropy-Administrative-Non-profit
- Posting Date: 09/22/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Title: Grants Officer
Supervisor: Vice President for Development
Location: Remote; Office space available in Washington, D.C. or The Plains, VA
This is a full-time position with American Bird Conservancy (ABC). The location can be remote or in an ABC office located in either Washington, D.C. or The Plains, Virginia. The Grants Officer’s principal responsibility is to support the fundraising and conservation teams in their management of grants to American Bird Conservancy.
The Grants Officer should be extremely diligent and detail-oriented, with a strong background in non-profit grants (particularly grants from government agencies) and an understanding of budgets, match requirements, project tracking, and fundraising timelines. This position requires computer proficiency, excellent organizational and writing skills, a data-driven mindset, and willingness to quickly learn and adopt ABC programs and structures. They are in regular contact, in person, by telephone, and email correspondence, with ABC staff and grantors. This work requires initiative, flexibility, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Contribute to proposal and budget development, including editing and review of documents to ensure compliance with organizational policies and procedures.
- Review grants and contracts to ensure ABC’s adherence to donor requirements as defined in various documents, such as Requests for Proposals, Grant Agreement letters, and Notices of Opportunity (for both federal and non-federal entities).
- Assist with donor reporting through systems such as Easy Grants and Grant Solutions; including organizing reporting documents, assembling information, and reviewing donor reports with development officers.
- Support the development and finance teams as needed throughout the grant life cycle on financial and operational aspects of grant implementation, including tracking grant spending and match requirements; submitting grant reports; conducting internal grant reviews; reviewing agreements with subgrantees, subcontractors, and vendors; and other administrative needs.
- Communicate with funders as needed.
- Maintain and support revenue tracking systems; update the system for new fiscal years; and provide training on systems to staff.
- Develop, maintain, and process grants/contracts files.
- Serve as a liaison with the Conservation, Finance and Operations teams.
- Assist with other projects as needed on the Development team.
- Three or more years of relevant, full time experience in grants and contracts administration. Experience with government grants preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Attention to deadlines and detail-oriented, particularly with regard to donor agreements, contracts and other related legal documents.
- Ability to manage changing priorities.
- Team player, and able to work independently.
- Strong MS Office skills, including demonstrated experience working with databases.
- Patience and perseverance in understanding and explaining issues.
- S. work authorization is required for all U.S. opportunities. ABC cannot offer visa sponsorship for this opportunity.
- Ability to travel on occasion.
- Dedication to American Bird Conservancy’s conservation mission.
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Background screening required
- Benefits include medical, medical flex, and 403(b) plan.
- Paid vacation days (15), holidays (10+), and sick leave.
If you have any difficulties uploading your resume and cover letter, then please send them as ONE document to HR@abcbirds.org
At American Bird Conservancy, we believe that a diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills makes us more effective. We are committed to creating a respectful and inclusive work environment for all of our employees.
As an equal opportunity employer, ABC is committed to ensuring that employees and applicants for employment have equal opportunities regardless of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor unrelated to the requirements of the position.
Please mention you saw this ad on JobsInNonprofit.com