Director of Development
- Pathways to Healing
- Location: Columbia, South Carolina
- Category: Nonprofit-Other Philanthropy-Administrative-Non-profit
- Posting Date: 10/29/2021
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
The Director of Development serves as an impactful part of the leadership team. The position is point of contact for the community, donors, and prospective donors. The Director of Development is responsible for engaging creative strategies in order to meet, if not exceed annual fundraising goals. The position initiates, cultivates, and maximizes relationships throughout the state of South Carolina.
Duties and Expectations:
- Partner with the Executive Director to establish annual fundraising goals. Direct and implement short and long-term action plans to achieve set goals.
- Identify and pursue sources of individual, corporate, and foundation funding, gift planning approaches.
- Develop and implement major donor solicitation and gift plans.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with new and prospective donors, individuals and corporate.
- Foster relationships between the organization and its donors through activities that acknowledge, recognize, and report on gifts.
- Analyze current programs and fundraising activities, initiate, and generate creative new programs and ideas.
- Create development systems and functions to track donations from receipt to acknowledgement through ongoing stewardship.
- Maintaining an ongoing pipeline of potential sponsors, donors, and volunteers.
- Collaborate with team members and volunteers as needed to promote and support local initiatives and to optimize event market strategy.
- Lead the project planning and project management stages for events, campaigns, and initiatives.
- Serve as leader of the Resource Development Committee (RDC) designed to establish fundraising priorities and assist with donor engagement.
- Coordinate third-party events and supply drives to benefit Pathways to Healing
- Meet with Board members twice annually to discuss fundraising obligations.
- Compile ideas and innovative fundraising strategies and present to Executive Director and/or the Board of Directors.
- Acknowledge donors in writing about the use of their gifts.
- Collaboratively partner with the Executive Director to appropriately position development opportunities and integrate messages in publications, reports, and collateral materials for cultivating and stewarding donors.
- Support the Executive Director and RDC by drafting the Annual Impact Report and appeal letter.
- Oversee digital marketing initiatives for the organization.
- Leverage volunteers and contractors to assist with events, promotional activities, and other identified tasks.
- Create and facilitate Pathways to Healing presentations for groups, community partners, and potential donors.
- All other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in Marketing, Business Management and/or a relevant degree program preferred.
- 4+ years of experience in position that focuses heavily on non-profit funding development preferred.
- Demonstrates an ability to maintain organization while being proactive and taking initiative.
- Ability to implement innovative strategies, continuously solution and action-oriented.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $70,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Are you available for occasional evening and weekend events?
- Fundraising: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location