Nonprofit Executive Director
- UShine Inc
- Location: Edmond, Oklahoma
- Category: Nonprofit-Executive Philanthropy-Administrative-Non-profit
- Posting Date: 07/26/2022
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
UShine is a mental and emotional health nonprofit based out of Edmond, OK and was founded in 2016. As the Executive Director of UShine you will be joining a nonprofit that is passionate about mental health promotion, education, and mental illness intervention. We often tell people we believe in good mental health for all, and our programs were created with this in mind. You will be joining a young nonprofit that has great potential for growth. Our evidence-based mental and emotional health curriculum has just been updated and expanded and our resources are needed now more than ever in schools, organizations, and homes across the state. You will have the opportunity to make great change and progress in the world of mental health for teens, college students, and their families across OK and beyond.
Location: This is a work from home or shared workspace position. You need to be in the Edmond or OKC Metro area but can work from a home office or shared workspace.
What It Takes to Be the UShine ED
The UShine ED needs to be passionate and educated not only about nonprofit work, but about mental health. They need to be a self-starter, motivated, and ready to take the UShine message of “a better approach to mental health education,” to individuals, organizations, and potential supporters across the state. This role affords the right candidate great opportunities for growth, team expansion, and the opportunity to make a significant impact in the lives of many.
Role and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Ushine staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission. She or he will initially develop deep knowledge of field, core programs, operations, and business plans.
Leadership & Management:
- Ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
- Actively engage and energize Ushine’s Nonprofit volunteers, board members, event committees, alumni, partnering organizations, and funders.
- Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors; serve as ex-officio of each committee; seek and build board involvement with strategic direction for both ongoing local operations as well as for the national rollout.
- Lead, coach, develop, and retain UShine Nonprofit's high-performance senior management team
- Ensure effective systems to track scaling progress, and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents.
- Monitor the organizations day to day operations and ensure business practices comply with organization bylaws and legal requirements.
Fundraising & Communications:
- Expand local revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and regional expansion. This includes expanding grant opportunities for the organization.
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities.
Planning & New Business:
- Design the national expansion and complete the strategic business planning process for the program expansion into new markets.
- Begin to build partnerships in new markets, establishing relationships with the funders, and political and community leaders at each expansion site.
- Be an external local and national presence that publishes and communicates program results with an emphasis on the successes of the local program as a model for regional and national replication.
- Develop partnerships with potential curriculum users to further the mission of the organization.
- Work with professionals to further improve and update the UShine curriculum
Qualifications and Education Requirements
The ED will be thoroughly committed to Ushine’s Nonprofit's mission. All candidates should have proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience.
- Advanced degree, ideally an MBA, with at least 10 years of senior management experience; track record of effectively leading and regionally and/or nationally scaling a performance- and outcomes-based organization and staff; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth; discuss Non Profit Experience required
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
Preferred Systems Experience:
- Google Workspace and Google Drive
- Canva or PicMonkey a plus
- Donor Perfect or other donor management software a plus
- Basic knowledge of Constant Contact a plus
- Microsoft Word and Excel
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- nonprofit: 3 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: One location