Employment Type: Full Time (40 hrs/wk), Benefits Eligible
Months Worked Per School Year: 12
Expected Work Days/Hours: M-F / 8am-4pm
The Marketing Communications Manager is responsible for managing and supporting a range of internal and external marketing and communications functions with a focus on content marketing, publications, and social media. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a proven ability to juggle multiple responsibilities with many deliverables. The manager will have the ability to communicate effectively, diplomatically and with confidence with all constituents, be a skilled writer, and be familiar with the demands of print, video, web, digital marketing and social media. This role requires a person who is eager to forge authentic, trusting connections with people across the Paideia community in order to collect, curate and create engaging original content.
Candidates will be required to submit three to five writing samples with application.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet deadlines and deliverables as outlined in the communications and marketing strategy and editorial plan through collaboration across departments and levels.
- Support and manage print, digital communications, public relations and digital content to tell the Paideia story.
- Develop content and review elements of design, production, and editorial direction of all school print publications including the monthly print newsletter, weekly memo, directory, handbooks, and other print materials.
- Develop content and provide review for all digital elements, including Paideia’s website and social media to ensure fresh content and communications.
- Provide review and edits for partner offices, including materials for admissions, annual fund and development.
- Provide communications coverage and support for school-wide events.
- Support the management of creative resources including designers, writers, printers, and other agency personnel.
- Support advertising buys with local publications, including developing designs for submission.
- Manage online ads (Google, Facebook, Instagram)
- Manage Social Media accounts, updating regularly to build followership and engagement
- Take photo and video to be used in print, digital, and social materials
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent editing skills
- Expertise in AP, Chicago, and MLA style
- Experience working with a CMS
- Experience with Google Ad Words
- Bachelor's Degree
- Exceptional communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to multi-task and manage quickly changing needs
- Strong familiarity with Google suite including Docs, Sheets, and Forms
- Fluent organizational and computer skills
- Ability to work well with others and address conflict effectively
- Knowledge of Atlanta private school education preferred
- Demonstrated cultural competency commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and justice in private education and beyond
- Eye for design and familiarity with design software like Canva, Photoshop or InDesign
- Work at a desk with some outdoor activity
- Office or school campus setting
- Low physical effort as most of the work is done at a desk setting
- Ability to navigate the school campus for events and meetings
As a condition of employment, all employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and must provide proof of vaccination upon hire.
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter and contact information for three professional references via our online application.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience. A benefits package is offered for benefits-eligible positions. The Paideia School is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, our focus on both social and emotional learning with rigorous academic offerings and opportunities for extra curricular learning, please visit our website at www.paideiaschool.org.