Employment Type: Full Time (40 hrs/wk), 12 months, Benefits Eligible
Expected Work Days/Hours: M-F / 8:30-4:30 / Some evening and weekend work for events is required throughout the year.
The Development office is seeking a departmental assistant to help increase the capacity of fundraising by providing comprehensive support throughout the department. This role will assist in key areas including annual giving, alumni relations, database and office management. Our new teammate should be friendly, organized, creative, and eager to acquire new skills. We are looking for a flexible team player, who is a resourceful problem solver. The ideal candidate must possess strong technology skills and the ability to learn new software programs quickly. We seek candidates who support Paideia’s framework of values and are excited to advance the goals of the school.
Under the supervision of the Director of Development, the Development Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support and coordination in all areas of fundraising.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting with the coordination of annual giving solicitations including direct mail, texting, and email campaigns
- Coordinates donor recognition process
- Coordinates donor reports and other special communications
- Stewards donors through notes, emails and phone calls
- Manages the Apogee scholarship program
- Assists the Director of Annual Giving with volunteer management and communication
- Assists the Director of Alumni Relations with alumni fund solicitations and communications
- Drafts and proofreads department communications
- Provides database support through data entry, coding, queries and reporting
- Assists in conducting prospect research in support of the annual fund and maintains Raiser’s Edge data specific to prospect research
- Creates donor profiles
- Organizes supply ordering and other general office management
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively articulate the school’s message for philanthropic support.
- Must be reliable and exhibit a willing spirit towards supporting team projects
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to articulate ideas clearly, both orally and in writing
- Organized and efficient, capable of managing multiple projects with competing priorities
- Accurate attention to detail
- Proactive self-starter and team player with a flexible attitude
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google programs and email marketing programs
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge preferable
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and software
- 1-3 years of experience working in fundraising or a non-profit environment, independent school, or related field.
- Work is expected to be done indoors at a computer
- Event work may be outdoors or indoors at an event venue
- Moderate physical effort may be required when helping with development events. Otherwise, low physical effort as most of the work is done at a desk setting so sitting is required.
As a condition of employment, all employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and must provide proof of vaccination upon hire.
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter and contact information for three professional references via our online application.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience. A benefits package is offered for benefits-eligible positions. The Paideia School is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, our focus on both social and emotional learning with rigorous academic offerings and opportunities for extra curricular learning, please visit our website at www.paideiaschool.org