A Message from the University
All University of Notre Dame faculty and staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID
-19 and provide verification of full vaccination. Faculty and staff may apply for an exemption from the vaccination requirement for medical, religious, or other strongly held beliefs.FAQ
The University of Notre Dame is currently hiring for an exciting opportunity as the Officer Assistant in Human Resources.
Why Human Resources?
Make an impact: Join our talented, collaborative, and committed team where you work daily with inspiring faculty, staff, and students along with leading local civic and industry partners, all of whom are aligned in the common effort to advance a stronger, more productive, resilient and skilled South Bend-Elkhart Region. Our team operates at the seam between local companies and the University, establishing and deepening the collaboration channels through which the University can pursue its mission of education, research and scholarship informed by its Catholic character. We strive to attract, select, and develop people that are talented, passionate, and driven by our mission. We look for those individuals that not only want to be a part of the Notre Dame experience but want to help shape that experience for future generations.
So what’s it really like to work here?
The Office of Human Resources is the University’s platform for inclusivity and engagement with partners across campus and passive candidates, providing both direct services through recruitment, benefits, and professional growth, as well as to pair incoming requests and identified needs to the best available resources of campus. Through this work we interface equally with units across campus as well as with external partners in industry and the region’s leading civic and educational institutions. Human Resource’s mission is to serve our community by accomplishing our goals through our five core values – Accountability, Teamwork, Integrity, Leadership in Excellence and Leadership in Mission.
We embrace an atmosphere of diversity and inclusion coupled with academic excellence in all facets of our community, from students to faculty to staff to alumni.
The focus of the Officer Assistant will be to develop and execute a strategic communications plan to promote the news and events of Human Resources, create a welcoming and warm environment, and applicable events at the University. The role is responsible for providing executive administrative assistance to the VP for HR, oversight and execution of special projects, handling highly confidential information and assists with efficient and transparent operation of the Vice President’s Office. A successful candidate must exhibit a positive and professional attitude at all times, be adaptable and flexible as priorities change and have outstanding organizational skills.
The Officer Assistant’s top priorities will be:
- Make decisions regarding supply and material ordering for the leadership team. Support entire HRLT by preparing materials for HRLT meetings, Department meetings and other department activities. All other duties as directed by VP Human Resources.
- Complete special projects for the Vice President for Human Resources as needed. Perform analysis and prepare reports. Should be proficient in excel and power point. Will also be responsible for planning HR events such as holiday parties, HR meetings, etc.
- Draft correspondence on behalf of the Vice President, which may be extremely confidential and sensitive in nature. Recommend, create, and develop reports/presentations on various issues for use in internal and external presentations.
- Support all members of the senior management team as needed. Work with other Officer Assistants, directors, and managers on their projects, as requested.
- Maintain calendars/appointments and task lists for this Vice President and division functions. Coordinate travel and accommodations for a variety of events as necessary. Process expense reports. File and maintain organized office for VP. Respond to all forms of communication (email, phone, and written) by managing information flow with accuracy, timeliness, courtesy and discretion. Respond to questions and inquiries regarding the day-to-day operational matters related to the Office of the Vice President for Human Resources.
The willingness to think innovatively to creatively solve problems is essential for this role, in addition to the ability to translate ideas into action. Moreover, this position requires a high degree of diplomacy and leadership, including the ability to work closely with executive and senior members of the University, faculty, industry, government , non-profit sectors and a variety of other internal and external constituents.
What’s in it for you?
We recognize there are a lot of great organizations in the world where you can share your talents. What makes Notre Dame special? Well, the amazing people that work here often cite the great work culture, our distinctive mission, the opportunity to build a career, and our extensive list of best-in-class benefits. You’ll work for a department that encourages independent work, giving you the empowerment to make decisions that are driven by the mission of the University.
At the University of Notre Dame, we emphasize employee well-being and professional growth & development. All employees and their spouses can take one course per semester at no cost or with nearly all tuition waived. Children of employees with at least five years of service receive a tuition benefit equal to 50% of the cost of Notre Dame’s tuition for use at the university or another accredited four-year educational institution. As with all things at the University of Notre Dame, we are looking for the exceptional. Here, exceptionalism is seen in our teamwork, accountability, innovation, integrity, leadership in excellence and leadership in mission.
If you are looking to work for a well-respected, mission-based organization that values itself not by a bottom line, but by the research it conducts and the students it educates, Notre Dame may be the place for you!
- High school diploma or GED
- 5 to 6 years experience
- Efficient in busy environment. Excellent communications skills (both verbal and oral) are required.
- Knowledge of office operations and environments.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail; ability to prioritize with minimal oversight; excellent communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills.
- IT knowledgeable/savvy, including use of standard software programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Professional.
- Bachelors Degree Preferred
- Strong sense of, and commitment to, confidentiality is essential because individual in this position will handle a wide variety of confidential documents regarding employees, promotions and investigations, and university information.
Office of Human Resources (48000)
Family / Sub-Family
General Admin / Executive Admin
NIC 3 Technician
Department Hiring Pay Range
Up to $26/hr, Commensurate with experience
S3 - FT Non-exempt Hourly
M-F, 8 AM - 5 PM
Schedule: # of months
Job Closing Date
Open To All Applicants
Quick Link for Internal Postingshttps://jobs.nd.edu/postings/27927