- Association for Energy Affordability, Inc.
- Location: San Francisco, California
- Category: Nonprofit-Program Management Philanthropy-Administrative-Non-profit
- Posting Date: 09/12/2022
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Full Job Description
Association for Energy Affordability (AEA) is a rapidly growing nonprofit energy services and training organization dedicated to achieving energy efficiency in buildings to foster and maintain affordable and healthy housing and communities. Energy consulting services are completed through AEA’s participation in a variety of federal, state, and local energy efficiency initiatives. AEA is a New York based organization, with over 20 years of industry experience and has been operating a West Coast office since 2010. For more information about AEA, see http://www.aea.us.org.
AEA West is seeking a Programs Associate to join our tight-knit, talented team of “Energy Geeks”. The candidate must be passionate about energy efficiency and green building, highly organized, and have strength in data analytics.
The Programs Associate will assist senior staff in conducting energy audits of multifamily and commercial buildings, providing analysis at both the project and program levels, designing, and managing retrofit projects, performing green building assessments, and conducting a variety of technology and market assessments. Candidates will engage in data collection, building diagnostics, research, data analysis, job costing, and construction feasibility, energy modeling, and report production as needed to complete a range of project types. They are expected to be a self-starter, an independent problem solver, and a strong team-player.
The Programs Associate may be expected to assist with:
· Conducting energy audits and in-field energy assessments, on-site diagnostics, field data collection and analysis, and renewable energy feasibility assessments
· Performing energy modeling and building simulations
· Preparing energy and green building assessment reports based on analytic findings which include detailed equipment specifications and cost & emissions reduction analysis
· Job costing, construction feasibility, and contractor bid walks
· Working with building owners, architects, and other decision makers to successfully incorporate energy efficiency, electrification, and renewable upgrades in their projects
· Performing LEED, Green Point Rated and HERS consulting services
· Performing commissioning and retro-commissioning studies
· Conducting training both internally and publicly on energy efficiency technologies, energy auditing principles, and decarbonized building operations
· Working on national projects to help develop industry standards and guidelines
These job responsibilities may be revised over time to ensure the functional responsiveness of the Programs Associate to AEA and Federal and California State program requirements.
· AEA staff have diverse educational backgrounds from architecture to linguistics, music to mechanical engineering. What unifies our team is a common passion to make the built environment more sustainable, especially in underserved and low-income communities
· Bachelor’s Degree with a demonstrated interest in energy conservation and building science preferred or an Associate Degree with either on-the-job or trades experience in energy conservation, renewable energy, and energy audits
· Excellent communication, organization, presentation, and analytical skills
· AEA is hiring for primary work locations based in the San Francisco Bay Area, greater Southern California region, California Central Coast (Santa Barbara region), and Sacramento/Central Valley region. Candidates must have the ability to travel within California upon request
Additional Qualifications Desired:
· Sound technical writing skills and experience
· Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PPT), Collaboration platforms like Slack and Teams, and any other software/platforms used
· Knowledge of building systems including mechanical systems, lighting technologies, and building envelope
· Basic knowledge and understanding of CA Title 24 and other building codes
· Familiarity with local, state and federal building energy incentive and rebate programs
· Ability to perform cost savings analyses and fuel data analyses
· Home Energy Rating Systems (HERS and HERS II) rater certification preferred.
· Building Performance Institute (BPI) certification
· Experience with the use of energy modeling software i.e., EnergyPro, CBECC-Com & -Res, EnergyPlus, and CSE programs
EEO Non-Discrimination and ADA Reasonable Accommodation Statement:
Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or partnership status, disability, military status, veteran status, or predisposing genetic characteristics. AEA does not discriminate on the basis of physical or mental disability where the essential functions of the job can be reasonably accommodated. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. For more information on the physical requirements of this position and/or if you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the agency at 510-831-6817 Ext-6817
TO APPLY: Interested applicants must submit a cover letter and resume to be considered for this position. Please submit your resume and cover letter through indeed. You may find all our open positions at our Careers site here: https://aea.us.org/about/#careers
~ Minorities and women are encouraged to apply ~
Must be able to legally work in the country where this position is located without visa sponsorship.
AEA requires a COVID-19 vaccination and boosters for all employees. Therefore, all new employees are required to present proof of vaccination status upon hire unless they qualify for a medical or religious exemption.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday