- Tides Advocacy
- Location: San Francisco, California
- Category: Nonprofit-Program Management Philanthropy-Administrative-Non-profit
- Posting Date: 09/13/2022
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Full Job Description
Tides Advocacy is a team of political, legal, and financial experts that identify, connect, and fuel movements for social justice and the health of our democracy. We leverage our 25 year progressive network, navigate the rules, and solve problems in order to make advocacy accessible to social change innovators in all sectors.
Tides Advocacy has over 85 partners who represent activists, donors, movement leaders, lawyers, researchers, and journalists who are promoting equity, justice, and dignity for all. They are engaged in ballot, electoral, and legislative campaigns as well as public education and charitable activities.
From funder advised funds to fiscal sponsorship, grants management to risk management and more, Tides Advocacy gives members of the nonprofit and philanthropic community freedom to focus on the change they want to see. For more information, please visit tidesadvocacy.org.
The Program Associate will provide client and administrative support to across Tides Advocacy. This position requires an energetic, detail-oriented, assertive person with a positive attitude who can adapt to a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Client Service Support (80%)
- Serve as the primary point of contact for operational support to advisors and their portfolio of clients.
- Troubleshoot day-to-day client questions and requests related to internal systems and operations across all Tides entities (Tides Advocacy, Tides Foundation, Tides Center).
- Communicate financial system notes to clients for processing completion of vendor payments and reimbursements, and send monthly financial reports to clients.
- Support documentation of partner information in Salesforce and other repositories for knowledge sharing across teams.
- Facilitate orientations and trainings for new and existing partners to clarify expectations and build familiarity with Tides Advocacy systems and processes.
- Track contracts and grants administration, and compliance for key organizational partners in the Tides family of organizations (such as, Tides Center and Tides Foundation grants to Tides Advocacy clients).
- Provide initial review for completeness and compliance of client requests in a timely manner.
Internal Support (20%)
- Work closely with Managing Director and cross-functionally (Operations, Finance, Legal) to identify opportunities for learning.
- Contribute to ongoing review and refinement of policies and procedures.
- Assist with data integrity in maintenance of team and partner information stored across various systems, and queue management in all databases for compliance, risk management, and accuracy.
- Work across the organization to improve and streamline systems and workflows, while maintaining Tides Advocacy internal resources.
- Provide operational support for internal and external events as needed, such as staff retreats, office events, etc.
- Special assignments, projects and tasks to meet goals and needs of the team.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with Salesforce, DocuSign, NetSuite and/or the Microsoft Office suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Strong organizational skills – tidy, efficient, ability to multitask.
- Self-starter, quick learner, and collaborative are also desired.
- Excellent ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a friendly demeanor.
- High attention to detail with strong organizational skills, the ability to balance workload under deadlines and with multiple priorities.
- Superb communication skills (verbal/written); Able to present accurate and appropriate information, engage in a direct and truthful manner, and hold information confidential with excellent judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to hold information confidential with excellent judgment.
- Demonstrated interest in social change/social justice through jobs or volunteer work. Ability to hold self and others accountable for high-quality, timely, and effective results that meet the needs of internal and external clients and strive for a high level of client satisfaction.
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent years of related work experience.
- 3+ years of experience in a similar support position; operational and administrative experience necessary.
- Experience in fiscal sponsorship, grants management, and/or 501c4 organizations preferred.
Please submit a resume online. You may also share your detailed LinkedIn profile with us. Tides Advocacy is an Equal Opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion and we look forward to reviewing applications from all who are qualified to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Tides Advocacy is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions. Also pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we encourage and will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Applicants with Disabilities:
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. If you seek an accommodation, please advise in writing at the time you apply.