- Location: San Francisco, California
- Category: Nonprofit-Program Management Philanthropy-Administrative-Non-profit
- Posting Date: 09/22/2022
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
A nonprofit physician education organization with a strong team environment seeks a Project Assistant. The qualified candidate will have a passionate mission-based ethic, an exceptional eye for detail, and demonstrated project management experience. This individual can expect to learn about virtual and live event development and implementation and report to various program managers under the overall direction of the Executive Director.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist and contribute to planning meetings and events (e.g., pre-course communications, faculty outreach, vendor correspondence, and post-event follow-up)
- Distill and communicate course registration and evaluation data to guide future content development
- Follow project timelines, meeting these consistently and on time, enlisting or offering additional help when needed; actively engage in team planning and status meetings
- Immediately adapt to crises by changing procedures, methods, or processes
- Assist in the development and maintenance of SOPs and project timeline tools for project development
- Work to ensure that program development and implementation are consistent with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- 2-3 years overall professional experience
- 1+ year in project management or event planning environment preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including expert knowledge of US English spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Working understanding of medical spelling and terminology is a plus
- Ability to work independently with excellent attention to detail with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines while working quickly and accurately
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Sharepoint, Planner); experience organizing and hosting Zoom and other virtual team platforms; experience with Adobe Acrobat or similar programs. Familiarity with Adobe InDesign is a plus
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude; willing to accept and provide constructive feedback, and demonstrated ability to offer problem-solving solutions and troubleshoot challenges in real-time
- Demonstrated flexibility to take on new challenges or direction; comfort with enlisting or providing assistance as part of a team
- Commitment to maintaining confidentiality around the organization’s projects
- Ability to travel to live activities as well as support hybrid and remote courses
- Full-time. Remote or on-site.
Salary and Benefits
- Generous vacation, holiday, and sick leave policy that increases progressively based on your tenure with the IAS-USA.
- Health plan including medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- 403(b) retirement plan once qualified.
About the IAS-USA – A mission worth being passionate about!
Headquartered in San Francisco, the IAS-USA has led cutting-edge, technical, and complex physician education for the past 30 years with a long record of success.
The mission of the International Antiviral Society–USA (IAS–USA) is to improve the prevention, treatment, care, and quality of life for people with or at risk of HIV or other viral infections and their associated health conditions through high-quality, relevant, balanced, and needs-oriented education and information for practitioners and scientists who are actively involved in medical care and research.
Attn: Jay Batley, Director of Operations
(415) 544 9400