- American Cancer Society
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Category: Nonprofit-Senior/Executive Management Philanthropy-Administrative-Non-profit
- Posting Date: 09/26/2022
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Full Job Description
Leads a team responsible for a complex revenue portfolio driven by priority relationships, account management, large events, and fundraising activities with accountability for $3 million-dollar plus income targets, as well as mission and advocacy integration. Ensures team goal achievement through the effective leadership, engagement, empowerment and mobilization of diverse partners, constituents, and volunteers.
- Accountable for the team's achievement of a revenue target greater than $3M for a complex, high profile portfolio of priority relationships, account management, fundraising activities and events typically in a top 20 metropolitan market
- Manages, coaches, develops, and trains a team of development staff, each responsible for substantial account and revenue portfolios
- Ensures team engages, recruits, stewards, trains and manages relationships with volunteers and customers to successfully execute fundraising plans and achieve revenue goals.
- Serves on the Market Leadership Team and contributes to building the strategy.
- Manages team to successful volunteer and customer retention, recognition, and pipeline development, with a focus on high impact relationships and key volunteer leadership roles
- Leads the development of relationships and engagement of target partners, organizations, corporations, and individuals
- Ensures the implementation of best practices for revenue growth, adjusting to customer experience survey results and feedback; drives and encourages creativity and innovation resulting in new revenue opportunities
- Monitors financial expenditures and progress to budget and takes appropriate measures to meet top and bottom-line goals ensuring a high return on investment
- Ensures team engages the community to create relevant, best in class experiences for priority constituents including participants, teams, sponsors, cancer survivors and caregivers; ensures event and activity details are expertly executed
- Actively collaborates with all development team members, Marketing, Cancer Control, and ACS CAN staff to maximize success; leverages opportunities to expand engagement of constituents through the collaborative account planning
- Ensures compliance with ACS policies, including employment, risk management, event and cash handling, data management, and financial controls.
- Models and fosters behavior that establishes a culture that values the staff/volunteer partnership, and is consistent with the cultural beliefs and values of the Society