Adult Education Instructor
- Community Action, Inc.
- Location: Reynoldsville, Pennsylvania
- Category: Faculty-Education-Adult And Distance Education (study Of) Nonprofit-Academic Philanthropy-Administrative-Non-profit
- Posting Date: 10/20/2022
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Adult Education Instructor
Full Job Description
Community Action, Inc. is a private, non-profit organization offering a multitude of services to low-income individuals and families. One of our projects is Adult Education, which assists individuals of all ages and income levels to assess their educational needs, set goal plans, and achieve learning objectives to earning a High School Diploma or Equivalent; improving reading, math, or other skills to continue with higher education or attain promotions or advanced employment positions. All services are free of charge and may be available in a classroom, virtual, or one-on-one basis.
Currently we are seeking a part-time position (15 - 22.5 hours per week) at $17.64 per hour, working evenings with classes held in Reynoldsville and Punxsutawney, PA. Candidates must have a Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited college or university.
Please visit www.jccap.org for employment details and application process.
1. Develops and conducts instruction which produces job readiness and educational improvements required to achieve participant’s goals and grantor and organizational standards; submits success stories.
2. Conducts and documents participant’s assessment and testing, educational and vocational goal setting, and career counseling, planning, and follow-up.
3. Creates accurate, organized, and legible files; prepares and submits all documentation, including lesson plans, on time.
4. Ensures data is accurately and timely entered into tracking systems.
5. Collaborates with the Facilitator / Case Manager to assist participants.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree required and one year related experience preferred.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully the following computer skills and knowledge are required: Computer Literate, including the Windows Operating System and Microsoft Word, Outlook, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer; and data entry.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $17.64 per hour
CDC recommendations for disease transmission are followed; cleaning and disinfections protocols are followed daily. COVID immunizations are not required for employment.
- Acceptable Motor Vehicle, PA Criminal Background & FBI Clearances, and a PA Child Abuse Clearance are required for this position. Theft, robbery, murder, violent crimes, Child Abuse, and Sexual Assault convictions (not inclusive list) are not acceptable for our funders. Do you have clean, acceptable clearances?
- Bachelor's (Required)
Work Location: One location
Please mention you saw this ad on JobsInNonprofit.com