Business and Project Management Consultant
- Foundation Health, LLC
- Location: Fairbanks, Alaska
- Category: Nonprofit-Administrative Philanthropy-Administrative-Non-profit Nonprofit-Legal - Law Services
- Posting Date: 11/02/2022
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Business and Project Management Consultant
Full Job Description
This position is part of Foundation Health Partners’ (FHP) central Business Development unit. This position is assigned to support or lead ad projects to improve FHP’s business position. This position plans, directs, and implements activities of designated project(s) to ensure that goals and/or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters. This position analyzes and communicates complex information in a synthesized and succinct manner to senior and executive leadership.
About Fairbanks Memorial Hospital
Fairbanks Memorial Hospital is a non-profit facility owned by the Greater Fairbanks Community Hospital Foundation. A Joint Commission-accredited facility with 152 licensed beds, Fairbanks Memorial Hospital is the primary referral center for residents of Alaska's interior with a strong patient-to-nurse ratio and Shared Leadership Infrastructure. In addition to our exceptional clinical environment, our location offers incomparable lifestyle rewards away from work. In Fairbanks, small-town living, spectacular natural beauty and endless recreation combine to create a one-of-a-kind place to live, work and play.
- Creates or reviews and analyzes project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project. Establishes and achieves financial objectives by preparing a project budget, scheduling and approving expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions. Develops and implements a work plan and staffing for each phase of project, as well as, arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel. Confers with project staff to outline work plan to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority. Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget. May provide technical advice and recommendations to issues and/or concerns as needed.
- Provides internal consulting expertise on performance improvement projects and initiatives. Develops and deploys tools for process improvement to include lean production techniques, systems thinking, project management, change management and other improvement techniques.
- Supports leadership team decision-making by preparing various assessment and project reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends. This may include managing the development and maintenance of an information database system. Prepare and deliver senior leadership level presentations regarding findings and recommendations.
- May coordinate project activities with outside vendors, customers, or governmental/regulatory agencies.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Foundation Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core HEART service behaviors each and every day.
A thorough knowledge of the business environment and/or healthcare operations as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor’s degree in business, management, healthcare administration, or related field.
Must have proven experience in a business, administrative, operational or healthcare environment.
Must be able to demonstrate a high level of analytical and strategic thinking to plan, direct, and coordinate designated projects to ensure that goals and/or objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters, as described above.
Ability to quickly build strong working relationships with a variety of different types of employee groups.
Ability to effectively communicate in both written and oral formats with department personnel to instruct and direct others as their functions relate to respective projects. Must possess the ability to effectively communicate and present research findings, projects and recommendations to management.
Must have a working knowledge of personal software packages to prepare correspondence and presentations, as well as create and generate spreadsheets and reports as described above.
Must be results oriented and able to organize and independently manage various projects or processes simultaneously.
Master’s degree or equivalent education preferred.
Project management certification
Lean and/or Six Sigma training
Foundation Health Partners is an EEO/AAP employer; qqualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Please mention you saw this ad on JobsInNonprofit.com