- Institute for Entrepreneurial Leadership
- Location: Newark, New Jersey
- Category: Nonprofit-Program Management Philanthropy-Administrative-Non-profit
- Posting Date: 12/01/2022
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Full Job Description
IFEL was launched in 2002 as an independent not-for-profit organization. With a $25,000 planning grant from the Prudential Foundation and strategic alliances with NJIT Enterprise Development Center and Rutgers-Newark, IFEL embarked on a mission to develop a replicable business support model that would best serve the growth needs of small and minority- and women-owned businesses in Newark. During the planning phase, we developed our program model and operating procedures, established an internet presence and launched limited program services. In 2003 we received 501(c)(3) status from the IRS. In 2004, IFEL received funding from The Prudential Foundation, PNC Bank, Wachovia Foundation, and PSEG as founding contributors to our pilot effort. September 2004 marked the launch of IFEL program services. Following the conclusion of a successful pilot program season, IFEL launched the 2005-06 program season with expanded outreach and program services.
Title: Project Manager
This position reports to: Project Director/Small Business Assistance
Objective of this Position:
The Institute for Entrepreneurial Leadership (IFEL) is a team-based supportive environment in which all employees are actively engaged in promoting the vision and development of the organization.
The Program Manager will focus on accomplishing the goals and objectives of one or more assigned programs. You will work directly with a group of small business clients, overseeing projects, monitoring deliverables; and serving as the bridge between business owners and our resource providers .The successful candidate will have prior experience managing programs and teams; and experience working with a not-for-profit organization.
- Reliable access to a desktop or laptop computer, stable high speed internet, and video conferencing with working video and audio are required.
- Ability to work from the IFEL Office in Newark, NJ and remote (hybrid)
- Must be able to attend early morning/evening events and meetings as needed
Duties and Responsibilities
This position requires a person with high energy and a motivated leader who is passionate about our mission and delivery of quality client service. The Program Manager will act in accordance with the organization’s principles described in the employee manual. This position will be in charge of carrying out the duties and responsibilities related to the successful execution of IFEL programming and services.
The Program Manager is responsible for the following:
- Managing and execution of all programs and organizing activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization.
- Conducting intakes, tracks client needs, creates and monitors deliverables
- Coordinating effective program services, administration, and overall delivery of superior client service
- Developing new programs to support the strategic direction of the organization
- Developing budgets and operating plans for programs
- Developing metrics designed to evaluate program success, strengths and identify areas for improvement
- Managing a team with a diverse array of talents,responsibilities and team member performance.
- Implementing and managing changes and interventions to ensure program goals are achieved
- Meeting with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding project issues and decisions on services.
- Producing accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills with a variety of personalities and positions.
- Ability to analyze and improve opportunities for investors.
- Strong leadership and management ability
- Proficiency in Google Docs, Sheets and Slides (or Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficient use of project management software/tools
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field
- + 5-7 years’ experience, preferably with a not-for-profit organization
- Masters’ degree preferred, but not required
- Proven experience in program management.
- Proven stakeholder management skills.
- Proven experience in managing budgets
- Project management certification
- Marketing, promotion and branding
- Must be able to lift and carry boxes and other materials with a weight up to 25 lbs
Standards of Performance
- Program Managers will be evaluated based on meeting program objectives and goals.
- Status: Salary/Exempt
- Salary: $67,600
- Medical, dental and vision benefits and life and disability insurance following completion of the 90-day introductory period
- 10 paid vacation days with increases based on longevity and 24 hours paid floating holidays following completion of the 90-day introductory period
- 40 hours sick leave
- Paid holidays (as per the IFEL holiday calendar)
- Other benefits as provided in the IFEL Employee Handbook
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $67,600.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Newark, NJ 07102: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Google Docs, Sheets and Slides (or Word, Excel, PowerPoint): 3 years (Preferred)
- Program management: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location