Temporary Human Resources Recruiter
Job Location: USVETS National - Los Angeles, CA
Position Type: Temporary
Education Level: 4 Year Degree
Salary Range: $66,560.00 - $76,800.00 Salary/year
Job Shift: Day
Job Category: Nonprofit - Social Services
Looking for a rewarding position? How would you like to serve those who served? If you are looking for an opportunity to work for a great organization & make a difference, this is the job for you! Come & join our winning team! Benefits include Paid Vacation, Sick Time, Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision and Company matching 401K
This position will report directly to the VP of Human Resources at the National Office. The person in this position will coordinate recruiting activities for all U.S.VETS sites and will proactively identify future recruiting needs. They should be able to source candidates using various sources, such as social media, referrals, job boards, job fairs, and internal sources. The person in this position should also work to identify opportunities for internal candidates for cross training and succession planning.
FLSA Classification: Exempt
- Design and implement overall recruiting strategy
- Collaborates with department managers to identify and draft detailed and accurate job descriptions and hiring criteria.
- Identifies and implements efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies based on the available role, industry standards, and the needs of the organization.
- Assist sites with job posting and advertisement processes.
- Assist sites with screening applications and selecting qualified candidates.
- Schedules interviews; oversees preparation of interview questions and other hiring and selection materials.
- Assists with the interview process, attending and conducting interviews with managers, directors, and other stakeholders.
- Collaborates with the hiring manager and/or other human resource staff during the offer process, identifying and recommending salary ranges, incentives, start dates, and other pertinent details.
- Ensures interview and hiring practices comply with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and company policies.
- Attends and participates in college job fairs and recruiting sessions.
- Implement training on interviewing and interview best practices
- Perform job and task analysis to document job requirements and objectives
- Assess applicants relevant knowledge, skills, soft skills, experience and aptitudes
- Onboard new employees in order to become fully integrated
- Monitor and apply HR recruiting best practices
- Provide analytical and well documented recruiting reports to the rest of the team
- Act as a point of contact and build influential candidate relationships during the selection process
- Promote companys reputation as best place to work
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources or related field, or equivalent work experience, required.
- Proven work experience as a Recruiter (either an in-house recruiter or a staffing agency recruiter)
- Solid ability to conduct different types of interviews (structured, competency-based, stress etc.)
- Hands on experience with various selection processes (video interviewing, phone interviewing, reference check etc.)
- Ability to organize skills assessment centers (in tray activities, work samples, psychometric and IQ/EQ tests, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with recruiting software, as well as Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) or Human Resource Management Systems (HRMS)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong decision-making skills
- Ability to create and implement sourcing strategies for recruitment for a variety of roles.
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
U.S.VETS is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to end veteran homelessness. We provide 5,500 veterans and families each night with housing, counseling, career services and comprehensive support at 32 residential and service sites nationally. U.S.VETS is developing veteran housing across the country, and expanding homeless prevention programs focused on jobs and mental health, to help veterans transition to civilian life.
To apply, visit https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=61241&clientkey=AC964D99781EE6B7BAD7D79276AA0397
*Please mention you saw this ad on JobsInNonprofit.*